Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Sweeeet! Thanks for the pics and info, cahsdad!! A few more questions:

* Did you take some pics with the camera yet? If so, can you post some samples?
    * Can we see some shots of videos and pictures on the new hi-res screen?
    * Does the “Camcorder” app save the video files straight to the SD card as mpeg or avi? How’s the video quality/frame rate?
    * Are the MIDI ringtones louder? Is the vibrate stronger?
    * Does the speakerphone sound any better?
    * Does the Treo 650 come with some kind of "Today" screen?
    Pictures 19 & 20 shows the Treo taking a picture of a CAD design. Looks like we didn't get results of the pictures, but they look really good (at least to me) on the new hi-res screen which should answer your 2nd question.

This post says that the ringtones are louder and clearer http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=35641
    If anyone wants to go to TechXNY, you can use this code to register for the show for free: IDTAT1

I registered for the morning session of the Treo Roadshow. In the confirmation, they wrote:

"As a special bonus for attending this conference, you will learn how you can earn a 50% discount on a Treo Smartphone."

I'm SO there... time to put the T600 on ebay..hehe...

btw, thanks to dad for posting the pics!! Much appreciated!
    I had to say that it made me laugh when I looked at picture 010. In the bluetooth setup, the little car to the left of the handsfree setup looks a lot like the little taxi that runs across my screen every once in a while. (Gotta love easter eggs!) How's that for a throw back to the good old days?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    You should play with it some more because it does have bluetooth integrated.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob7440
    You should play with it some more because it does have bluetooth integrated.

No one has said that bluetooth isn't integrated. Of course it's integrated! There's a pic of the screen showing bluetooth preferences. Bluetooth is one of the biggest improvements the device is sporting over the Treo 600, and part of the reason we're all in a tizzy over it.

What remains to be confirmed is that nature and extent of that Bluetooth functionality. Sure, it works for bluetooth headphones and cars, and for wireless hotsyching to your computer. But the original poster contends that Sprint has disabled "data tethering" (at least, it did on the unit he was sampling) which would allow you to use your Treo 650 as a means of getting your laptop online wirelessly, using your cell plan. No wires to plug in... far from home and nowhere near a wi-fi cafe, as long as you have good cell signal, you'd be able to surf the net with your laptop. Lots of people enjoy this an the cell carriers don't. This "BT crippling" seems to be a trend amongst cell carriers, seeing this sort of access to their network as "abuse."

This other poster piped in as well:
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=35641
    ...saying that the phone supports this mode, but that Sprint would introduce a $45/month unlimited data plan for folks that intend on using data tethering mode to use their cell plan as their "wireless ISP." Time will tell.

I don't use that feature often but when I do (via USB,) it's certainly convenient and I was looking forward to doing it wirelessly. Hopefully it will hackable (or at the very least, still possible via USB.) I also hope it doesn't impeded other BT functionality, like remote control of my Mac via Salling Clicker.
    http://homepage.mac.com/jonassalling/Shareware/Clicker/

IMHO, the improvements certainly outweigh this minor concern, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Sure, it works for bluetooth headphones and cars, and for wireless hotsyching to your computer. But the original poster contends that Sprint has disabled "data tethering" (at least, it did on the unit he was sampling) which would allow you to use your Treo 650 as a means of getting your laptop online wirelessly, using your cell plan.

Hopefully it will hackable.
    This is a biggie for me also. One thing I know & love about the TreoCentral community is if there's a way to hack something it will be done. So I'm sure this will be one of the 1st things someone will hack.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Cahsdad, please tell us about the camera resolution. Thanks.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I am not technical enough, surely. But I do not understand how Bluetooth could be so limited. As long as we can hot sync through a cable I think we will still be able to use the phone as a modem, right? Well, if you can hot sync through blue tooth, at what end would they be able to distinguish between what is hot syncing and what is a data connection? I guess, again, I'm just not technical enough.
    I don't understand all this BT thing. One can use "all you can eat" data via combination of cable+PDANet+Vision plan. ( On Sprint networks) So using BT to remove cable from the equasion will make life difficult for carriers?

I am telling you if there is no BT to GPS capability I am switching to PPC device :-(
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Camera is 1.3 megapixel.
    Screen resolution is 320 x 320.
    32 MB of onboard memory.

I picked up a 1 GB SD card for $30 yesterday... will play nicely with my Treo 650 I suppose.

And last but not least, the "T.V." icon you see in the pics is NOT mobi.tv. It's a debugging app!

I'm curious if the Treo 650 now natively supports MP3's as ringtones, or if we're still using polyphonic MIDI. Yes, I know there are 3rd party hacks to get MP3s to work as ringtones. But I want native support and the stability that comes with it.
    Has there been any evidence indicating that this will be the first Treo with analog(AMPS 800) support?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I don't suppose we'll be seeing ReadyLink ("Push-to-talk") support in the Treo anytime soon?
    sounds like a great deal for a 1GB SD card.... who is selling for $30?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    I picked up a 1 GB SD card for $30 yesterday... will play nicely with my Treo 650 I suppose.
    Where did you get a 1GB SD card for $30? I want one too!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snahabed
    If Sprint does not allow BT-modem use, then they can go screw themselves as far as I am concerned. That is 90% of why I was looking to upgrade.
    You guys ever hear of PDANet? Who gives a hoot about a bluetooth modem if you can use the cable and PDANet. Are you going to be holding the laptop up to your head while your driving? More than likely you're going to be sitting at a desk/table/sofa... I don't understand why having a wireless connection to a modem is that big of a deal? I'm not looking to flame but just curious...

Oh, and that guy asking about the stylus/pen combo... all I can say is.. sheesh!!
    "You can't change people, only your reaction to them"
    Quote Originally Posted by tialoc
    You guys ever hear of PDANet? Who gives a hoot about a bluetooth modem if you can use the cable and PDANet. Are you going to be holding the laptop up to your head while your driving? More than likely you're going to be sitting at a desk/table/sofa... I don't understand why having a wireless connection to a modem is that big of a deal? I'm not looking to flame but just curious...

Oh, and that guy asking about the stylus/pen combo... all I can say is.. sheesh!!
    PDA net does not work for MACs (though who would want to use a toy computer hehe). I'm sure all the Mac users would love to see this.
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by batoje
    If bluetooth GPS is a no go, I will keep the 600 till they decide to make it work. Arrrrggh! This was the main thing I was hoping for in the 650!

Do you really use a GPS? For what? Don't people know where they are at any given time? Maybe I am missing something, but I think GPS is unneccessary. Please anyone fill me in on other possibilities that I am probably missing. If there is a good use for it then I am interested - I love extra tech gadgets/programs.

As for WiFi, the card version will still work in the 650, right? If so, does that eliminate the need for using minutes on my plan to check email, etc, when around a hotspot?
    Quote Originally Posted by snahabed
    If Sprint does not allow BT-modem use, then they can go screw themselves as far as I am concerned. That is 90% of why I was looking to upgrade.
    What does the BT-modem do? Does it allow you to use your home PC's modem or DSL line to get online? Explain please...
    Reverse tethering? Any BT experts know if I could get a net connection on my Treo from my laptop via BT if Sprint indeed doesn't allow tethering? I want to be able to get a fast connection on my Treo thoughout my home.
    This is what I don't understand, however: if the reason we can use PDANet is because we can hotsync through the cable and thus the phone and PC are communicating and the provider doesn't have any way of knowing whether it is the phone or the PC using the data, why can't we do the same with Bluetooth, assuming we can also hotsync through BT? And that stylus pen remains the killer app for me!
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast