View Poll Results: Do we REALLY need a keyboard on the Treo?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 92.59%
  • No

2 7.41%
  1.    #1  
    Many people think that the Treo's KB's usefulness is waaaaaaay overrated. I, on the other hand, can't find anything more useful. Let me see: voice commands are too cumbersome, OCR (Graffiti and stuff) are too slow, and on screen KB are way too slow. I don't know about anyone else but my usage of the phone requires a lot of text entering. Matter of a fact, I was checking my bank account while driving (not recommended) the other day and I can't imagine doing it without a KB. I need at least one hand to drive. There's no need to take out the stylus.
  2.    #2  
    Yey, I get the first vote. Wait a minute...I started this thread.
    Here is my follow-up question:

Do you really need a steering wheel on a car))
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Well I was going to vote "essential" until I read how it encourages the insane to check their bank balance while driving!! Now I'm in a quandry
    Statistically your poll may be skewed, since this is TreoCentral and Treo's have keyboards. People who don't prefer kb's might not end up here...
  6.    #6  
    Relax ppl. It was a joke. I didn't check my account balance. I was reading the posts on TC.
  7.    #7  
    Demitria: I don't really care about those that don't have a KB because they might not now what it's like. I'm only interested in Treo users that feel that their KB is essential or useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demitria
    Statistically your poll may be skewed, since this is TreoCentral and Treo's have keyboards. People who don't prefer kb's might not end up here...
    of course it will skewed but this isn't a scientific poll...it's a simple question amongst Treo users\fans.
    I don't have a Treo yet, but have had keyboard based PalmOS in the past. I went back to graffiti because I found grafitti to be a better way to enter data, and draw stuff on the screen.

On a PDA fone, however, I would think keyboard is essential. The last thing I want to do is use both hands to enter a phone number while I'm driving around....(I mean, I need to keep one hand on my Taco Bell Burrito and the other can dial)