Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    no matter what site i visit, it doesn't log into my web browswer history (i.e., if i go to history view right now it's empty). any idea why this might be happening and how to fix it? many thanks.
    I am experiencing this problem on my Treo 600. I deleted the Web Cookies thinking this might have something to do with it-but no help.

Any suggestions?
    Anyone? Anyone?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Mystery

After my web history being MIA for 3 weeks, it started to appear today. Go Figure.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    As you can tell from the above, this is getting to be a One-Man-Thread.

After going without a problem since 1/17/05 my web history stop adding new addresses that i visited.
    I did the following:
    Cleared history from blazer preferences
    Cleared cookies
    Deleted Web Cookies file.
    Nothing has worked. Last time it came back after 3 weeks.
    Any suggestions?
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    May be time for drastic measure: try a hard reset. You already know that you should do a hotsync just before resetting.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazello
    May be time for drastic measure: try a hard reset. You already know that you should do a hotsync just before resetting.
    Unfortunately that doesn't help. Although I didn't indicate it in the post above, I did a hard reset the last time this happen to me and it didn't help. It just started recording the web addresses after about 3 weeks from the time I noticed it. So I have about two more weeks to wait if history repeats itself. I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Tks anyway
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Did it work after the hard reset but before you sync'd? If so, I'd guess that the history cache is corrupt (and gets sync'd back to its corrupt state. No idea what file that would be, though. I'm pretty sure you can fire up FileZ and start nuking stuff that has an CreatorID of BLZ4 and BLZ5. Maybe it's the Web Internal History file? Either that or it's Web User Data...
    Quote Originally Posted by robbalazs
    Did it work after the hard reset but before you sync'd? If so, I'd guess that the history cache is corrupt (and gets sync'd back to its corrupt state. No idea what file that would be, though. I'm pretty sure you can fire up FileZ and start nuking stuff that has an CreatorID of BLZ4 and BLZ5. Maybe it's the Web Internal History file? Either that or it's Web User Data...
    robbalazs,

No it did not work after a hard reset and before a hotsync.

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Do you use a 3rd-party backup app like BackupBuddy or Backupman? If so, you can do a hard reset then restore all files except the web files with the ID like robbalazs wrote.

If not, then you may be able to do something similar with your regular backup. Copy the entire Backup folder to another location. In the orginal Backup folder, delete all the files with Web_ . Hard Reset. Sync. Doing this you should have a totally fresh Blazer setup, but with no saved bookmarks or other settings. Try out Blazer, how's it running? Next step, sync only the Web_UserData.pdb file. How'sit?
    Tks robbalazs and Azazello,

I'll have to experiement with your suggestions.

Tks Again
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazello
    Do you use a 3rd-party backup app like BackupBuddy or Backupman? If so, you can do a hard reset then restore all files except the web files with the ID like robbalazs wrote.

If not, then you may be able to do something similar with your regular backup. Copy the entire Backup folder to another location. In the orginal Backup folder, delete all the files with Web_ . Hard Reset. Sync. Doing this you should have a totally fresh Blazer setup, but with no saved bookmarks or other settings. Try out Blazer, how's it running? Next step, sync only the Web_UserData.pdb file. How'sit?
    Azazello and/or robbalazs

I have BackupMan. However the files that robbalazs mentioned are not listed as files in BackupMan so I wouldn't be able to not select those to resetore since they're not listed (I know, too many negatives)

This is what I would have done:
    Back up using BackupMan
    Hard Reset
    Using BackupMan I would restore all files except BLZ4 and BLZ5.
    Problem- BLZ4 and BLZ5 are not listed in the list of files that can be restored?

Am I doing something wrong?
    Any suggestions?
    Tks in Advance
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    TurboTiger, the BLZ4 and BLZ5 are the "creator IDs" of the files that are Blazer data files. You can see the creator IDs in FileZ, not BackupMan. The files created by Blazer are "Web Internal History", "WebUserData", "WebCookies" (doesn't sound like the problem), "Web Find Autofill" (doesn't sound like the problem), "Web URL Autofill" (doesn't sound like the problem), and "Bookmarks" (doesn't sound like the problem) .

HOWEVER, if it really does not work after a HARD reset (and before sync'ing or restoring any files) corruption of these files (or of preferences) is NOT the problem, in which case I'm pretty stumped
    Last edited by robbalazs; 04/07/2005 at 07:38 AM.
    TurboTiger, the BLZ4 and BLZ5 are the "creator IDs" of the files that are Blazer data files. You can see the creator IDs in FileZ, not BackupMan. The files created by Blazer are "Web Internal History", "WebUserData", "WebCookies" (doesn't sound like the problem), "Web Find Autofill" (doesn't sound like the problem), "Web URL Autofill" (doesn't sound like the problem), and "Bookmarks" (doesn't sound like the problem) .

HOWEVER, if it really does not work after a HARD reset (and before sync'ing or restoring any files) corruption of these files (or of preferences) is NOT the problem, in which case I'm pretty stumped
    robbalazs,
    Ok I was able to find the files using fileZ.
    I did the following:
    Backup files using BackupMan
    Deleted Web Internal History -didn't fix the problem
    Deleted WebUserData - didn't fix the problem
    Do you suggest I start deleting the remainder of the files you mentioned (I've deleted the Web Cookies before with no success)?

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Like I said above, if the problem survived a HARD reset, it isn't going to be any of those files, or preferences, as they would have ALL beed wiped out by a hard reset. I'm out of ideas....
    Like I said above, if the problem survived a HARD reset, it isn't going to be any of those files, or preferences, as they would have ALL beed wiped out by a hard reset. I'm out of ideas....
    Tks robbalazs,

Perhaps is will come back on its own as it did the first time I had this problem several months ago.

Again, Tks for your help
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Tks robbalazs,

Perhaps is will come back on its own as it did the first time I had this problem several months ago.

Again, Tks for your help

robbalazs,

Well, it's been about three weeks and my web history is back. This was about the same length of time it was MIA the first time. Strange.

Tks again
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    949 Global Posts
    How much RAM is available on your Treo? Could it be that there is not enough RAM to store the Web history?
    I have 7 mb left, which is 3mb more than I've had before I started having this issue several months ago.

If history repeats itself, I'm good for about 2 1/2 mos. before it comes up again.
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 05/29/2005 at 10:59 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Wierd, man.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast