1.    #1  
    I made a hands free set up using the mic from the headset that comes with the Treo 600 and iRock FM transmitter. It works great except that the person I am talking to hears an echo of whatever they say. Any ideas on how to correct this?
  2.    #2  
    bump
    The only way I have found around this is to set the fade on my car speakers to use ony the rear speakers and to keep the volume reasonably low, that is just enough to hear the person clearly.
    Hope this helps.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    That's not the only way. My car kit with external mic has no echo, even with volumne turned up, plus it provides MP3 stereo playback. Works great!

Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    The only way I have found around this is to set the fade on my car speakers to use ony the rear speakers and to keep the volume reasonably low, that is just enough to hear the person clearly.
    Hope this helps.
  5.    #5  
    newtreouser - you and I are emailing each other about this right now and I am interested to know how you can guarantee I won't expeience an echo.
    I sent you my phone number. give me a call and I can demonstrate. Maybe some of the members who bought my car kit can chime in?
  7.    #7  
    I believe that it works in your car just fine, but my car's acoustics are different and that is what I am concerned about. Do you do something to make sure there is no echo, or could it be your customer's have been "lucky" not to have the echo. I would love to hear from the other people using it.
    I have an aux input that I use to listen to my ipod and I just got the Seido 2 in 1 retractable headset adapter so I could listen to mp3 or audible files if I didn't want to bring my ipod and for hands-free operation. I decided to try to make a call with it plugged into the aux input (instead of using headphones as Seido intends) and sure enough the person I was speaking with complained about the echo.

I think the reason the car kits don't get the echo is because they use echo cancellation technology (whatever that is). It occurred to me that the Treo must have echo cancelling built in since it has a speakerphone and there is no echo problem.

The Seido adapter has a little switch for going between mp3 mode and phone mode. In mp3 mode, the mic on the adapter is turned off. If I connect the adapter (in mp3 mode) to the phone and plug it into my car stereo and hit speakerphone in the phone app, I hear the caller through the car speakers, they hear me through the Treo's mic (just like any speakerphone call) and they hear no echo. If I change the Seido adapter to phone mode while on a call, the Treo turns off the speakerphone option and the caller gets the echo (so I don't do that). So for $35 I get a handsfree headset (but I have to supply the earbuds), a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter so I can listen to mp3 or audible files through headphones or my car stereo and a car kit. Seems a lot less bulky and a lot cheaper than the other options. I assume it would work exactly the same if you plugged the adapter into a fm transmitter.