1.    #1  
    I've never used a PDA. so was wondering if I can access the internet by connecting my Treo to a Linux PC (which is online ofcourse). Can this work?

The only reason I need a PDA is for Microsoft Exchange access. Right now I can only POP using linux email client, but I need to access my calander, address book etc. This I am hoping once I connect my PDA to the linux PC will enable my PDA to be part of the "network" and can safely connect to Outlook. If I use GPRS, I Will have to use VPN.

Any clues?
    You might be able to do it in steps. (I don't use outlook, so take the ideas as just suggestions to be examined.)

If evolution will sync up with outlook, then you can sync your treo to evolution and get your contacts, calendar, etc. I know the treo can talk to evolution... just not sure about evolution and outlook.

But... surely there is an easier solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by icechunk
    The only reason I need a PDA is for Microsoft Exchange access. Right now I can only POP using linux email client, but I need to access my calander, address book etc. This I am hoping once I connect my PDA to the linux PC will enable my PDA to be part of the "network" and can safely connect to Outlook. If I use GPRS, I Will have to use VPN.
    icechunk, you might want to try the Novell Evolution 2.0 e-mail client, using their Connector for Microsoft Exchange Server. This allows direct access to the Exchange server (versions 2000 and 2003) for e-mail, calendaring, and address book. Works pretty well from what I've heard. I have to use a VPN myself, as I'm outside the firewall . . .