1.    #1  
    I have been trying to solve the S7121 error.. done much that I've seen in other threads but haven't found the problem yet. Any new silver bullets out there?
    Last edited by LostInSpace; 09/30/2004 at 08:05 PM.
    Same problem here. Can't figure this out. Anyone?
    I have been working with Sprint for approximately 4 months on the S7121 & S7135 errors. It seems that when Sprint released the October BCPE software revision, there may be either some incompatibility with their servers or some code that is not correct. It is my feeling that the phone (Samsung I500 or Treo 650) is timing out prior to the receipt of any data. If you watch your desktop, you will see it beginning to 'chunk' the data (I use Lotus Domino) but, that usually occurs about 10 seconds prior to the time out. If you were to wait approximately 1 minute after you receive the S7121 error and force another sync manually, it usually (75% of the time) works. The reason I am pointing at the Sprint servers as the primary culprit is because I am a Seven Beta Tester and when I use their current working versions (I have two) the problem only occurs about 5% of the time (and that is usually due to something on my end). Additional detail, I currently have a 900 megabyte lotus notes file and have almost 60 active directories and sub-directories. If you are also sync'ing the calendar, Sprint suggests not performing that task, in addition, they also recommend limiting your mail 'fetch' to no more than 25 e-mails. That may minimize the problem but I feel it is a band-aid approach. BTW, I am working on a solution for the problem as we speak and will let you know how it works
    Quote Originally Posted by LostInSpace
    I have been trying to solve the S7121 error.. done much that I've seen in other threads but haven't found the problem yet. Any new silver bullets out there?
    Read my post in this
    thread
    Dgifted -

Did you find the latest Beta release from SEVEN resolved your S7121 and S7135 issues? If not let them know as that was something that the latest Beta was going to help address, particularly for those Domino users.

Some workarounds for others at the carrier level you could try are:

1. Turn off the Calendar sync window to see if the sync succeeds. Then adjust the Calendar sync to be small... one day forward and one day back.... sync and see if that works. Keep increasing until the threshold breaks and you see the error.

2. Another alternative....reduce the number of emails sync'd 75 down to 25 for example.... just to see if it can finish.

3. If you have a lot of folders in Domino this could be contributing to the issue which is something you can't really adjust easily but the Beta client ~likely~ adresses this.

Word has been positive in the SEVEN beta from what I have heard which means the fixes / patches will end up at the carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by dgifted1
    I have been working with Sprint for approximately 4 months on the S7121 & S7135 errors. It seems that when Sprint released the October BCPE software revision, there may be either some incompatibility with their servers or some code that is not correct. It is my feeling that the phone (Samsung I500 or Treo 650) is timing out prior to the receipt of any data. If you watch your desktop, you will see it beginning to 'chunk' the data (I use Lotus Domino) but, that usually occurs about 10 seconds prior to the time out. If you were to wait approximately 1 minute after you receive the S7121 error and force another sync manually, it usually (75% of the time) works. The reason I am pointing at the Sprint servers as the primary culprit is because I am a Seven Beta Tester and when I use their current working versions (I have two) the problem only occurs about 5% of the time (and that is usually due to something on my end). Additional detail, I currently have a 900 megabyte lotus notes file and have almost 60 active directories and sub-directories. If you are also sync'ing the calendar, Sprint suggests not performing that task, in addition, they also recommend limiting your mail 'fetch' to no more than 25 e-mails. That may minimize the problem but I feel it is a band-aid approach. BTW, I am working on a solution for the problem as we speak and will let you know how it works
    Last edited by MobileGhost; 03/14/2005 at 01:55 PM.