Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    For the past few weeks, occasionally, but certainly not daily (more like once or twice per week), I discover my Treo's battery to be very very low in the mornings. (Usually, it will be in the upper 20% range.) I use TreoTools to turn the RF off at night and then turn it on again in the morning. I normally keep my Treo in my purse (in its own separate compartment) and had assumed that it was somehow pressing against something that turned it on during the night, draining the battery. However, last night, the Treo was sitting on my bedside table and, unless the cats were playing games on it while I slept, there was nothing that should have kept it active. I didn't even look at the battery icon this morning as I scooped it up, tossed it in my purse, and headed to work. But a little later I heard an odd little beep and checked my Treo. The battery was critically low at 16%.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I've searched the forums and it seems most battery drains are connected with searching for better signals. My phone was off (and it's a Cingular GSM, whereas the threads I read seemed to focus on Sprint) so that isn't the source of the problem for me.

Thanks!

Melanie
    Something on your Treo appears to be causing the battery indicator to misreport. Your battery indicator may not be showing the true state. You could try one of the sys info applications that show battery voltage and then compare the sysinfo voltage with the percentage shown. This would at least give you confidence that you have a true report.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    Something on your Treo appears to be causing the battery indicator to misreport. Your battery indicator may not be showing the true state. You could try one of the sys info applications that show battery voltage and then compare the sysinfo voltage with the percentage shown. This would at least give you confidence that you have a true report.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did install Battery Graph this morning while I was re-charging the Treo. It shows a looong blue line, indicating a huge jump in percentage from point of install to fully charged. However, the red line, indicating voltage is much, much shorter. Would this be what you refer to in terms of a battery indicator misreport?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Funny you should mention this now....I've have my Treo since last December, and I use it every weekday to get my email every 1/2 hour, IMs, games, etc, and it rarely dips below 80% by day's end. I took a trip last weekend, but before I left I charged it full and turned off the phone. I only used a few times to look up an address. Less than 24 hours later I got battery warning beeps, and my level was at 16%! Shouldn't it last MUCH longer when the phone is off??
    i have the similar problems. my original treo was running good on the battery. the first replacement i got seems having battery problem. the red / green light blinks on and off alternative. and now, the battery level drops 4-5% for a 5 mins call. getting the 2nd replacement this week and hope it will work better.