1.    #1  
    I've been using the default email program and pop3. My company recently changed their email service to IMAP. When I tried setting up a new IMAP account using SSL port 993, my Treo600 wont connect to the server.

Also, what am I supposed to enter for my three folders (sent,trash,root) on the third step for my IMAP setup?

I just downloaded snapper mail but my mail syncs inconsistently.

What other programs should I try?

I would appreciate some direction on this. I would like to be able to check my email again
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    The default mail app doesn't do IMAP, so that explains your problems. Give Chatter a try and see if you like it. It only does IMAP, but does it pretty well.
  3.    #3  
    THX

I just downloaded and will fool with it.
    Snapper Mail 2 Enterprise also does IMAP well. And if you can find an older version of Palm VersaMail 2.5 or 2.6 it also does IMAP well.
  5.    #5  
    Does anyone know why the default email app has an IMAP option but doesn't support it?
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dyun1dyun1
    Does anyone know why the default email app has an IMAP option but doesn't support it?
    It does? where?
  7.    #7  
    From the mail app.

account->manage_>New->'drop down menu' Service Type

These are my options-->
    PCS Mail
    Yahoo!
    Earthlink
    NetZero
    ATT WorldNet
    Other POP
    Other IMAP
  8.    #8  
    BTW, I coudn't get Yahoo to connect either. I haven't tried the others but the "Other POP" works great.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    The only options I have are Sprint PCS, AT&T Worldnet, Earthlink, and Other. Are you running the "old" beta version of the mail app? (I'm assuming you have the Sprint version of the Treo600)
  10.    #10  
    Im not sure. How would I check that?

The phone info says -
    ESN: XXXXXXX
    Software: Treo600-1.20-SPR
    Hardware: C
    HS SN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    PRL Rev: 10024
    PRI Checksum: 0x8D39

Does that help?
  11.    #11  
    I forgot, yes I am on Sprint.
    Hey why dont you try Aileron from Corsoft. Its cool and works nice

www.corsoft.com

Regards
    James
  13.    #13  
    I just downloaded and it works great. I also like the interface. I'll compare this with chatter. Haven't tried snapper mail yet.

thx again James!
  14.    #14  
    Wow this is pretty cool. I don't think I'll bother downloading Snappermail.
  15.    #15  
    Do you know why i have the two additional options on my default email client?

thx
  16.    #16  
    AArrrggg. I need to pay a yearly subscription to use this?
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dyun1dyun1
    Do you know why i have the two additional options on my default email client?

thx
    that's bizzare, I have no idea why you have an "Other IMAP" option. Not to insult your intelligence or anything, but you are talking about the built-in "Mail" application, correct?

Based on the phone info you posted, you're running version 1.2 of the software which included the "full" version of the Mail app. (prior to this, Sprint users had to download a beta version of the app for free from Handspring)

Just for a test, go into the Mail app and choose "About" from the Options menu. Then post the version number of the Mail app you've got. Mine is 1.02a.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    that's bizzare, I have no idea why you have an "Other IMAP" option. Not to insult your intelligence or anything, but you are talking about the built-in "Mail" application, correct?

Based on the phone info you posted, you're running version 1.2 of the software which included the "full" version of the Mail app. (prior to this, Sprint users had to download a beta version of the app for free from Handspring)

Just for a test, go into the Mail app and choose "About" from the Options menu. Then post the version number of the Mail app you've got. Mine is 1.02a.
    Ahh soooo. My default mail app since I purchased my phone is PCS Business Connection 6.08.59. hehehe, sorry for the confusion! Anywhooooo.

Thanks for info Minsc, I do appreciate the help.
    Try using Aileron by Corsoft . It works good. www.corsoft.com

Regards

James