Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JawsNJ
    I am a bit confused, how exactly are the phones crippled? I have the Treo and I600 from Verizon (I ran out and got i6oo, thinking the treo was never coming)

What other feature should/could they have?
    With the risk of sounding like a broken record (posted this same info in 2 other threads):
    - In the V710, bluetooth only works for headsets, not file transfer or modem
    - In the i600, Verizon removed all Bluetooth features from the OS, which means you're out of luck if a Bluetooth SD card ever becomes available for Windows Mobile Smartphones.
    - In the T600...no crippling that I know of
    - In the T650...my guess is they will cripple Bluetooth to only support headsets
    PLEASE - OH PLEASE VZW Release it as is------AND SOON!
    I need to break my habit for today of posting the same info in multiple threads but this thread is the most appropriate for this comment:

Our corporate VZW rep is telling us mid-November for the T650 as well, unless any last minute device glitches appear. Also mentioned that unlimited data will be $45.
    Maybe these rumors don't appear so far-fetched when you factor in the old rumors that the "610" was going to appear first on Verizon.

Maybe they were planning to launch with the 650 all along, and the 600 just was done, as an earlier poster suggested, as a stop-gap measure to respond to competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    Also mentioned that unlimited data will be $45.
    How does that differ from what it is today? If you have a qualifying voice plan, unlimited data is $45. Are they eliminating the voice plan criteria?
    Uh...you got me. Not sure. I think it refers to the unlimited NationalAccess PDA/Smartphone plan that currently costs $49.99. I think....
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    I think it refers to the unlimited NationalAccess PDA/Smartphone plan that currently costs $49.99. I think....
    Yes, This plan currently costs $45 if you have voice plan >=$39.99/month.
    I just got off of the phone with our Business Account Executive representative from Verizon. She has ALWAYS given me excellent information. She looked through the VZW intrAnet, and it does NOT show the 650 in their "soon to be released" devices category. She then looked in their "Approved device list" (which she told me is the list for devices currently being tested) and all it said was "Treo 600 series". I asked her if the word series meant it could be the 650?? She wasn't sure, but she did know in the past it only said Treo 600. She told me she would look into it more and give me a call by early next week. As soon as I hear something I will pass it on. But the bummer is that it didn't show up on their "soon to be released" list.....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12