1.    #1  
    While this scenario is not true, and I have not seen such an auction on eBay, I am curious to know how much getting a Treo 650 now is worth to each of you?

Remember, I do not have a Treo 650 and I have not seen this in an auction.

Scenario: You're on eBay and you see an auction for "PRE-RELEASE Brand New Treo 650/ACE in Box." The auction has 11 hours left and it was a three-day auction, multiple people bid on it.

You read the description and notice that there is only one picture of the 650 and it was different than the same 8 or 9 photos we've seen posted on the internet already.

It is the network you want (GSM or CDMA) and it says it's been turned on and slightly used for demo purposes but has a 0 minute life timer and no scratches.

The seller is located 2,000 miles from your house and has only 9 feedback, but all positive. You see by his feedback that 4 of his feedback are positive as a buyer and 5 as a seller.

The seller states he/she will only ship to your country and requires immediate payment. You e-mailed the seller 15 minutes ago with a question and he/she has not returned your message.

You will be in a business meeting, or at least far away from a computer, or any wireless device when the auction is scheduled to close.

The disclaimer states you are purchasing the phone "as is," but it has been fully tested and it works with no limitations.

The seller accepts money order or PayPal, but only PayPal eCheck, not a credit card.

Assuming the seller will not allow an escrow service, how much would you be willing to gamble for the chance that it is a legit auction for a Treo 650?

Post your responses below:
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    Would not buy under these circumstances...I'd wait to buy from PalmOne or a carrier
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Nothing. The product isn't released yet, so it's a scam.
    Wow, modma! You've really developed a detailed scenario - are you a writer for an upcoming (yet to be announced) reality show?
    Use Paypal and the Buyers Protection program and your "deposit" is protected!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive
    Wow, modma! You've really developed a detailed scenario - are you a writer for an upcoming (yet to be announced) reality show?
    Only if it's a reality show based upon the use of the Treo 600 with the grand prize of a Treo 650 with unlimited voice and data service for free.

-M-
    I really would not believe this. Especially after getting ripped of recently. I realized there are many scams on ebay lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Use Paypal and the Buyers Protection program and your "deposit" is protected!
    BTW, how does this paypal protection work ? Is there a 30 day limit or something ? 2 years ago I intended to get my money back after the seller did not send the item but ***** paypal guys told me it is past 30 days.
    I'd place a $4 bid in. Basically, I'd consider it like a raffle. Odds are low of winning (i.e. the auction being real).