View Poll Results: Which Carrier Will You Use For Treo 650 (In US) And Why?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

121 54.02%
  • T-Mobile

44 19.64%
  • Cingular

14 6.25%
  • Verizon

22 9.82%
  • AT&T

20 8.93%
  • Other (Please Comment)

3 1.34%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There are threads for each carrier sprinkled throughout the forum. I just want to consolidate the results into 1 poll to see how many people are going with which carrier for his/her Treo 650.

I am very torn between my impatient nature and go with Sprint, or wait for the better reception in my area + free Hotspots with T-Mobile.

Let the polling begin...
    Last edited by techjunkie; 09/27/2004 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Changed Title
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    I may not buy from t-mobile but i will buy the first unlocked GSM that I can find and then stay with t-mobile. I have the 3000 anytime minutes for $59. This plan is not comparable to any plan that I have seen around. I have had this plan for about five years.
    I will stay with TMo...good price plans and decent coverage in my area. Hopefully they will offer the 650 at a discount if I renew my contract (expired right now). If not, I'll buy an ulocked GSM from PalmOne as soon as they are available.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    I will stay with T-Mobile. Their coverage is great here in UT and have great rates. Unlimited Internet and they don't care if I use my Treo as a modem. I was talking with a T-Mobile rep the other day in the mall who also uses a T600. He was pretty excited about the T650 but didn't have any info about when it would be released on T-Mobile. He did mention though that he had heard rumors about T-Mobile being close to rolling out their EDGE service!!!! Boy, I sure hope so. He did say that they would be upping the price for data when they rolled it out but for those of us that already have it for $20 would keep it at that price. I sure hope the T650 supports EDGE!!!
    Although I am currently with Cingular, I would go to T-mobile as soon as my contract ends. T-mobile's unlimited data service is way cheaper and customer service is actually 24/7, unlike Cingular.
  6.    #6  
    I'm really surprised as to the number of people who are willing to wait for T-Mobile.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    I am also surprised. I have T-mobile north of the Austin Texas area and I can't wait to switch carriers. The reception here is horrible. Intermittant signals all the time. I am going to switch to Sprint for the Treo 650. I tried Sprint very breifly before I made the mistake of going with T-mobile. Sprint was crystal clear. I have also recently found out that T-mobile's data plans for their Treo 600 would actually cost me more than Sprint's unlimited data plan. So it's a no brainer for me to switch to Sprint now.
    I will be going with Cingular. I was a long time T-Mo customer but their reception inside a building I work in frequently was lousy. The 850 MHz service from Cingular works like a charm inside the building. Now that Cingular offers the MediaWorks unlimited data plan on the treo 600 for $19.95 a month, with a comparable voice plan to what I had with T-Mo, there was really no incentive to stay.
    I'm going to stick with T-Mobile too. T-Mo has excellent coverage here in Florida aŘ
    very satisfied with tmo for now. my favorite with them is that when I check my voicemail I can press 88 while listening to a message to automatically return the call. this is convenient if u have a bunch of voicemails to return and don't want to have to hang up just to dial a different number. I can do it from within vm! saves a lot of time and application switch/writing down new numbers with pen/keyboard
    Well, I am currently with AWS, and will be soon a Cingular customer through the acquisition.

Funny question though, ATT may offer the Treo, but it will be the CDMA2000 version

lol
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I spoke with my local AT&T store manager today and was told to expect my 650 on October 15!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    I will be going with Cingular. I was a long time T-Mo customer but their reception inside a building I work in frequently was lousy. The 850 MHz service from Cingular works like a charm inside the building. Now that Cingular offers the MediaWorks unlimited data plan on the treo 600 for $19.95 a month, with a comparable voice plan to what I had with T-Mo, there was really no incentive to stay.
    I don't know if this has changed, but T-Mobile was using the same GSM network than Cingular. I don't see how changing from one to the other would help. Did you change your phone also ?
    Quote Originally Posted by zehubert
    I don't know if this has changed, but T-Mobile was using the same GSM network than Cingular. I don't see how changing from one to the other would help. Did you change your phone also ?
    Not everywhere at least. Here Cingular is also using 850MHz towers that T-Mobile is not using. Therefore, in areas I previously had no signal, I now have 3+ bars. And no... seeing as how there was no Treo 650 in the store, I didn't change phone
    T-mobile for me. Actually I was waiting for an opportunity like this to give T-Mobile the 2 thumbs up it deserves. I have been with every GSM provider (that I'm aware of) in the States and T-Mobile is hands down the best. Strong points:
    1. Customer service. Not only have I never waited on hold for more then 30 seconds (and I call customer service all the time) but I have had many issues that are very complicated. I have never been anything but amazed at how well they handle my issues. (ie: SIM unlock, warrenty replacement, accidental minutes overage, etc.)
    2. Coverage. I spend the whole week traveling up and down the west coast and often the whole western part of the country. T-mobile is there when others are not.
    3. Data. There unlimited data is awesome and cheap.

Though I am choppin at the bit for the 650 like the rest of you...I will wait for T-Mobile.
    Here in DC area, I had TM w/ my 270 and VzW w/ my Kyo. I didn't find TM's reception adequate for my needs here and both TM and VzW are expensive when it comes to data.

I've had good reception w/ Sprint and no complaints with $15 for unlimited data.

(Caveat: my wife has VzW which comes in handy when we're in rural areas where Sprint's coverage is weak.)
    I really condisering jumping (from t-mo) to whom ever gets it first, and I'm still under contract.

For the past two weeks I could not use my phone (data or voice) at home. Customer support would always come up with the same canned responce about building material. THis isnt the first time this has happened, but it has been the longest outage.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I currently have T-Mobile and my contract was up in August. I was waiting for the 650 release to decide what to do. I have the Family Plan which gives me and my wife 800 shared minutes for $70. The reception here in the NYC/Northern NJ area is very good, so I'm hoping they have a nice rebate for the 650. If Sprint or At&T get it first, it will be a tough call as I hear their reception in this area is poor.
    I'm with Sprint, and very happy. They have the best data pricing by far at $10 a month (which is available to anybody with a Treo), and they set me up with 2 add-a-phones at zero charge per month recently, so I have nothing to complain about
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I'll stick with AT&T until it's taken over by Cingular and then give Cingular time to sort out their new system. Once that's done, I'll decide whether to stay or to move on to T-Mo. I travel in Europe a good bit and all of the GSM carriers seem to offer pretty good coverage.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast