View Poll Results: Which Carrier Will You Use For Treo 650 (In US) And Why?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

121 54.02%
  • T-Mobile

44 19.64%
  • Cingular

14 6.25%
  • Verizon

22 9.82%
  • AT&T

20 8.93%
  • Other (Please Comment)

3 1.34%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert K.
    I'm with Sprint, and very happy. They have the best data pricing by far at $10 a month (which is available to anybody with a Treo), and they set me up with 2 add-a-phones at zero charge per month recently, so I have nothing to complain about
    $10 a month for Sprint for Treo users? Haven't heard that one before.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    $10 a month for Sprint for Treo users? Haven't heard that one before.
    Well, here is how I got the $10 option. I have 3 lines on my account, 2 of which are true "Vision capable" phones (Samsung VGA1000's), which can d/l games, ringtones, screen savers, etc. I can't do that with my Treo, so I asked if my monthly $5 credit towards Vision d/l's could be applied to my other 2 lines, and they said no... but there was a code in the system to reduce the Treo's monthly charge to $10, due to the fact that it is unable to take advantage of Vision d/l's.

It's worth a phone call (or two or three... you know how it is) to see if you can save yourself $5 a month.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  3.    #23  
    Great info. Thanks, Robert!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    No problem
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  5.    #25  
    Is it me or is it all of a sudden new carrier rumors are popping out out left and right? How accurate are these rumors?

Here are the rumored carriers in the order that I read from Treo Central:
    1) Sprint (definite)
    2) Cingular
    3) Verizon

I still haven't heard any rumored approx date on T-Mo carrying it yet.
    Yeah...we need a good TMo rumor...I feel left out!
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    ATT
    They've been good for me and have pretty good worldwide coverage and customer service.
  8.    #28  
    Wanted: TMo Insiders!

Job Description:
    Ever want to feel like an online King? Worshipped by hundreds of Techno Junkies? If you work for TMo and have insider info on the Treo 650, post now under an assumed alias. Heck, I'll even let you use my username. :

Even if you are a TMo Janitor, you are the eyes and ears of the Corp. Please post... anythiing! Plz!?!
    Sprint it is the clearest netowork and best data plan rate.
    "Could I have been anyone other than me"
    -Dave Matthews Band"
    Staying with Verizon until the GSM service providers get their acts together in Silicon Valley. GSM coverage is inadequate here because Cingular and ATT are still trying to support TDMA/CDMA legacy along with GSM futures. GSM does not work reliably indoors at the upper frequency band.
    Sadly enough i'll stay with t-mobile. I hate that they have no plans for a highspeed GSM network in the near future but i'll stay with them for three reasons:

1. Contract. I'm in the third month of a year contract that my g/f is also on.
    2. Super low data rates. $20 a month for unlimited GPRS and WiFi. (may come in handy if the Treo 650 is able to use the wifi card)
    3. The freedom of a GSM phone. I can swap the SIM card whenever I need to. This past weekend I had my birthday and got bleeped faced and killed my old SE when i fell on it. No problem, just remove the SIM and kick and old phone to the curb and my Treo lives to see another day.
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I have sprint and the coverage is inadequate in WS NC. I am eager to leave sprint and had thought i would use verizon. I also want international. No one seems to use verizon so that scares me. If v/z gets the 650 and the unlocked GSM is available whats bad? Sprint drops calls constantly locally and when traveling. AFter a couple hours use, it will show no service, although i have 3 bars. Is that the treo 600 or sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by zehubert
    Although I am currently with Cingular, I would go to T-mobile as soon as my contract ends. T-mobile's unlimited data service is way cheaper
    You're aware that Cingular is offering MediaWorks, which is unlim data, 1500 SMS and 200 MMS for $19.95/mos? Whether they are officially offering it or not, I have yet to hear of a single T600 owner calling up Cingular to request MediaWorks and be denied.
    Off to iPhone land...
    For those of you planted firmly on the carrier fence give the following hypothesis some consideration:

I'm willing to be that the 650 has EDGE.

However, what I'm not as sure about is the rumor that Cingular will be offering the same $19.95 MediaWorks pkg when the AT&T merger is closed and Cingular customers are able to use the EDGE network of the now deceased AT&T.

Current MediaWorks users may get "grandfather" price protection when EDGE becomes available. (To their credit Cingular and I believe most carriers grandfather price protect).

Note: there is a rumor that MediaWorks will be offered at the $19.95 when the 650 comes out. Perhaps this is indication that the 650 will be out on Cingular's network before EDGE is available for use to Cingular T650 owners...

Now, does anyone have any credible info on the timing of Cingular customers being able to use AT&T's EDGE network? I'm hoping of course that it will be right around the time of the 650's launch.

If in fact the 650 has EDGE this may help explain the rumor that Cingular will be one of the first (if not *the* first) carrier to offer the 650 in November. P1 will be highly motivated, as would Cingular, to get an EDGE enabled smartphone (I believe the first here in the U.S.??) to market ASAP. Cingular is the ideal candidate given its purchase of AT&T and its EDGE assets and the fact that post-merger it will be the largest carrier in the U.S.
    Last edited by ghileman; 09/29/2004 at 02:13 AM.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Really? Cingular moves past Verizon with the merger? Weehhhlll. Maybe the GSM/Edge option ain't so far fetched after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman
    If in fact the 650 has EDGE this may help explain the rumor that Cingular will be one of the first (if not *the* first) carrier to offer the 650 in November. P1 will be highly motivated, as would Cingular, to get an EDGE enabled smartphone (I believe the first here in the U.S.??) to market ASAP.
    I'm finding it harder and harder to believe that P1 can do anything quickly. The wait is driving me nuts!
    As long as they get the TREO 650/ACE.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman
    For those of you planted firmly on the carrier fence give the following hypothesis some consideration:

I'm willing to bet that the 650 has EDGE.

However, what I'm not as sure about is the rumor that Cingular will be offering the same $19.95 MediaWorks pkg when the AT&T merger is closed and Cingular customers are able to use the EDGE network of the now deceased AT&T.

Current MediaWorks users may get "grandfather" price protection when EDGE becomes available. (To their credit Cingular and I believe most carriers grandfather price protect).

Note: there is a rumor that MediaWorks will be offered at the $19.95 when the 650 comes out. Perhaps this is indication that the 650 will be out on Cingular's network before EDGE is available for use to Cingular T650 owners...

Now, does anyone have any credible info on the timing of Cingular customers being able to use AT&T's EDGE network? I'm hoping of course that it will be right around the time of the 650's launch.

If in fact the 650 has EDGE this may help explain the rumor that Cingular will be one of the first (if not *the* first) carrier to offer the 650 in November. P1 will be highly motivated, as would Cingular, to get an EDGE enabled smartphone (I believe the first here in the U.S.??) to market ASAP. Cingular is the ideal candidate given its purchase of AT&T and its EDGE assets and the fact that post-merger it will be the largest carrier in the U.S.
    I sure hope you're right. Maybe that would explain the PTT feature for the 650? Correct me if I'm wrong, but PTT feature on the 650 is useless without EDGE, right?
    I'll continue to use Sprint. Also, I just got off the phone with Sprint and I asked the representative when will the Treo 650 be coming out. The rep. said her notes stated that it will be available sometime in December.
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but PTT feature on the 650 is useless without EDGE, right?
    Nah, Orange is already using a PTT program with their Treo 600's and that's on GPRS
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast