Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hello Everyone,

I recently received a Treo 600. Rogers AT & T is the official carrier for the Treo 600, however I am with Fido (Canadian provider) and up until this point I have been using the phone without any problems. However when I installed the Treo Updater 1.12 it somehow locked my sim card!

Is there any way that can reset the phone from the beginning or remove the update altogether?

I have already tried a hard reset without any success.

Please help!

Thank you a for viewing my question.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    yea, you have to unlock it...try google search - let me know if you have any quest....soze.wa@netzero.net

I had the same dilemma! it can be done...
    Quote Originally Posted by 5DoubleO
    Hello Everyone,

I recently received a Treo 600. Rogers AT & T is the official carrier for the Treo 600, however I am with Fido (Canadian provider) and up until this point I have been using the phone without any problems. However when I installed the Treo Updater 1.12 it somehow locked my sim card!

Is there any way that can reset the phone from the beginning or remove the update altogether?

I have already tried a hard reset without any success.

Please help!

Thank you a for viewing my question.
    hard-rest won't work because it locks in the ROM (?? i guess.)
    go to mytreo.net and search for the unlocker. you will be able to get the program to unlock your phone. i do not think you can go back to the previous version of FW because i do not think PalmOne has made the 2.12 (i assumpe you had this version) available in public.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    hard-rest won't work because it locks in the ROM (?? i guess.)
    go to mytreo.net and search for the unlocker. you will be able to get the program to unlock your phone. i do not think you can go back to the previous version of FW because i do not think PalmOne has made the 2.12 (i assumpe you had this version) available in public.
    Hard Reset, puts the device back in the state that's in the ROM (no installed prg). What's in the ROM is the new upgrade that locks his phone...

Hard reset will never revert a ROM upgrade. I don't even mention an upgrade that was not finished...
    Sounds like you were sold a phone that masqueraded as unlocked but it was still locked to Rogers all along. You will have to talk to Rogers about their unlock fee/policy to proceed.
    I had the same dilemma!

pc@xxx.com.br
    I looking for t6gsmup305.zip app to unlocked my Treo 600.
    I need a help :-)

pc@xxx.com.br
    Would anybody give me?

carfield@carfield.com.hk
    Isn't there an unlocking thread somewhere in here???
    I think Chris can provide it...or am I missing something?