1. DJT
    Are there any call filtering applications that will send a caller straight to my voicemail (as if my phone was turned off)? I've tried Call Filter, but it rings four times when a blocked person calls, which gives them the impression that I'm sitting there staring at my phone and choosing not to answer THEIR call. I'd prefer if they thought my phone was just off, or if I had no signal and their call couldn't connect. Everyone knows that I carry my phone with me at all times, so when it rings four times and goes to voicemail, I end up with messages like, "Hey.. I know you probably just sat their and ignored my call as your phone rang...", lol. Any solutions?
    Um, get some friends with thicker skins maybe? In all seriousness, what I do is look at the caller ID most of the time and then hit "Ignore" if I want to shoot it over to voicemail. Otherwise, you really are away from your phone if you dont bother to check who it is, so just tell them the truth and fegeddaboudit.
  3. DJT
    Well, that doesn't really solve my problem, but thanks anyway I've tried using the "Ignore" button, but it's such a pain in the ****... I usually end up answering the call by accident while trying to unlock the keypad and screen. I would prefer to not even know that these people are calling me (which is one good thing about Call Filter)... At the same time, though, I'd prefer for them to not know that I was purposely ignoring their phone calls If the call goes straight to voicemail without ringing (as if the phone was off), then they would be less likely to take it personally... as everyone else's phone calls would be going to voicemail too (or so they'd think).
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    The new version of CF has an "ignore call" option for your rules that "simulates hitting the ignore key on an incoming call. The caller is IMMEDIATELY sent to voicemail.", quoted directly from the help in the program. Sounds like what you're looking for.
    This still rings once even with ignore turned on. Just tested this out with CF 1.2
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Well, I guess that's the best you're ever going to be able to do... If it makes it to the phone, it's going to ring once... in order for a program to intercept it, it has to make it to the phone, so it's impossible for it to not ring. You'd have to do it on the network end. The reason it sends the call to VM if your phone is off is because it can't send it to the phone. And I don't see any way possible to tell the network to only pretend like it's not turned on for certain numbers.
    What you can can do with Call Filter and Call Shield is to set up a WAV file that is "silent" and have it set to use the "silent" one. However, I also have a few numbers set to automagically go to voice mail and I never ever hear it ring.........never. Now do you mean if you test it you hear it on the call maker side?

Ben
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    That's what he's referring to... the originator of the call will still hear one ring when they call and callfilter dumps it to VM, even when using the "ignore call" feature. Basically the phone HAS to ring in order for CallFilter to even be able to act upon it. If it doesn't ring on the caller's end, it never made it to the phone. That was my above point in that what the OP wants is for it to never ring on the caller's end. That's not possible if the phone is turned on and has registered with the network.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    The free application profiles has the abilty to setup in any profile a call forward number. You can enter the number of your voice mail in that field, and when you select the profile (can be done quickly by holding down the menu key), all calls will immediately go to voicemail without the caller or you hearing it ring. If you don't know the number, you can usually find it in the phone application under call preferences. It is the number under Not answered.
    I just tried calling my phone while it is on and taking calls. And i could hear the phone from the second phone ring in my ear before my phone actually rang. So im thinking there's some sort of delay for the call to be "completed" and actually ring on the other end. I dont believe this is just a treo thing though
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Nope... basically every cellphone I've ever owned has exhibited that behaviour. The first ring is basically the network sending the call to the phone, from what I can tell. If the network does not see the phone registered, then the caller never gets the first ring simply because the switch never attempts to send the call to the phone.