1.    #1  
    I just sold my Treo 600 on eBay for around $390. And then I sold off all my accessories to other Treo users at work.

I noticed on eBay that prices for new, unlocked Treo 600's have dropped a lot in the last couple of weeks. Is this entirely due to the 650? It seems to me that you can now purchase a new in box, unlocked Treo 600 for around $375 on eBay, which makes me wonder why any user would buy through their service provider and be locked into a contract?

I'm guessing we'll see the Treo 600 continue to drop in price on eBay, and probably settle in the $300 range when the 650 comes out. My issue, and what I need advice on, is what are people doing while we await the 650? I have been without my 600 for 2 days now and its awful (lack a calendar function, eMail, etc.). Furthermore, I use T-Mobile and I'm wondering how long it'll be before they have the 650?
    But what if the "TREO 650" doesn't come out til next year?

You have an extra cell phone?
  3.    #3  
    I have a cell phone (cheap, free color Nokia), but it really can't compare with the Treo 600 (no decent calendar, MP3, eMail, etc.). I kinda wish I didn't sell my Treo 600 yet, but I was worried that it would be worth even less when the 650 came out (I paid $400 new for the 600 under the upgrade plan back in Feb '04 so I lost about $10 in total). I do predict prices are going to plunge though.

Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    But what if the "TREO 650" doesn't come out til next year?

You have an extra cell phone?
    What about warranty? If you buy a used or new Treo 600 on ebay, will the manufacturer honor the warranty?
    I did the same thing. Sold the Treo 600 in $360 bucks, and Im using and old mitsubhishi gsm with my chip, waiting for the arrive of the new 650. But how long... I start feel a little dumb... like the guy that arrives to the party with the "rubber" in position... Anyway. I just have to wait...
    no way bud; will wait for some real NEW model, not this crappy upgrade...

...at least i HOPE i can resist the temptation...
    $30 for shipping?
    I will wait it out to dump my T600 until the release of the T650 has been announced and the wait time is less than 1 month..(remember the release fiasco of the T600)..

I am one of the "lucky" few who still has an original Handspring T600. (never had a problem with it...believe it or not..) I wonder if the Handspring model will collect more or less than the P1 T600 model. Just curious. Any thoughts?
  9.    #9  
    I just got an eMail from our corporate T-Mobile rep. She said she has heard nothing about T-Mobile carrying the Treo 650, which is a HUGE disappointment to me since i have been with T-Mobile/Powertel for 7 years. Anyway, if they do not carry it, and announce soon, I will be switching to Sprint or Cingular. Ugh, the thought.
    Well it is very costly for a provider to support a phone- obviously they have to program the handsets to work on their network, they have to train reps on the phone (support or sales), they have to get their branding on a fair share of the accessories on it, and then they have to have them in stock. T-mobile seems to already have a fair share of pda phones so i doubt they would want to "oversaturate" their product line...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Not surprised...my local T-mobile manager called the Treo 600 a Dog and kept it inside some drawers locked up. "Too complicated" for the average user. "Worst seller they have." When I asked to see it he bent over for 2 minutes showing me his *** while looking inside the bottom drawer.

I by the way was itching to sell the 600 on Ebay but what do you know? Frances and the other 3 hurricanes made me buy a new roof, and being chemically sensitive I'm gonna have to move out for two weeks and now for the first time in 2 years I'm really gonna need my Treo 600 for 3-4 weeks. Amazing.

I guess I'll end up getting $ 50 towards the 650 instead of $ 400 on ebay!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidl340
    What about warranty? If you buy a used or new Treo 600 on ebay, will the manufacturer honor the warranty?

yes i know from expiriance
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    which makes me wonder why any user would buy through their service provider and be locked into a contract?
    Please enlighten me - so, if you buy an unlocked Treo (or any phone?), you can use a carrier's wireless service without a contract?? I don't understand how you can avoid being on a contract...
    Ed
    zorz.net
    Palm III > Palm V > palm Vx > Palm m500 > Sony Clie SJ33 > Palm Treo 650