Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No one knows the release date. If I had to guess, I'd say you won't see anyone using it before Q2 or Q3 (yep, 2005).
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I also thought I remember reading somewhere that there's some pending lawsuit with RIM which is keeping Palm (Source ? One ?) away from them. They don't want to get entangled at this point.
    There was a keyboard related lawsuit that has since been settled.
    I think KKenna is speaking of the patent infringement suit filed by NTP against RIM that recently went to US Court of Appeals.

Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    There was a keyboard related lawsuit that has since been settled.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    I think KKenna is speaking of the patent infringement suit filed by NTP against RIM that recently went to US Court of Appeals.
    Ah. That makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Yes, it's a huge case that involves a broad set of RIM technology and services. The keyboard case that KRam may be thinking of was the one that RIM brought against Handspring that led to the revision of the Treo keyboard.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    tic-toc, tic-toc, tic-toc, TIIIC-TOOOC, TIIIIIIIIC-TOOOOOOC!!!

When can we expect this?
    Ok, I want to understand this better. What I need is instant email, like Blackberry. Way back when when I asked this question everyone pointed me to things like Snapper mail and said it was Real Time email, which it was not. I want my email pushed not pulled and I am not in a corporate environement. I tried ChatterMail with imap and it didn't always work for pushing. Will Blackberry provide that or is anyone else able to provide those services? I work in the Deaf community and here they mostly use Sidekick or SkII. SMS is too limiting by breaking up long emails into parts.
    cglaguna - I'm curious what you mean about Chatter not always pushing. Have you tried a recent version?

-m
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    cglaguna - I'm curious what you mean about Chatter not always pushing. Have you tried a recent version?

-m
    no I haven't. But but if it is workiing better now, i would consider it. The last time I tried you reccomended an update and my trial time had lapsed, that may have been on my 270 last year. I contacted you but somehow things never worked out. Believe me if I could have this function working reliably, I would love to pay you.
    Actually VZW, Cingular, T-Mobile and from what these releases are saying, Sprint will have BB devices so its just software that's getting put on to Palm OS devices. You'll still be on your current wireless network. Where I work, we already have the BB enterprise software and there are plenty of people with the BB devices and I was considering switching when that new Black Berry (7100?) came out but now I'll be keeping my Treo for sure. Its the best of both worlds for me.... get my corporate email, calendar, address book, etc... and the Palm OS.
    cglaguna - I think it's worth a try... 30 day trial, anyway...

-m
    The Treo 600 is my 6th palm in like 3.5 years and I love the device with the exception of the outlook/exchange situation. Redirector software is worthless if you're a mobile worker who uses a laptop and has to travel with it. I'm concerned that with the 650 having native exchange 2003 support that the 600 will be left behind.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12