1.    #1  
    What can you do if all of a sudden (after 6 months of working great) the screen mapping is a off. By that I mean you can't use the stylus on anything. When you try to type on the calculator as an example, this is what happens:

Type 1 - get 4
    Type 2 - get 5
    Type 3 - get 6
    Type 4 - get 7

And on and on. In other words everything is off a little. And it's not like everything is off by the same distance. Some times the button such as OK or Delete won't even recognize the tap. So now when my Diddlebug alarms go off, I can't clear them by tapping delete (now that I have been reminded of what I wrote to myself to do today) so I just had to actually just turn OFF the Treo. Since I bought this thing IT HAS NEVER BEEN OFF.

I had a hardware diagnostic done by Sprint on Thur & they said nothing showed up.

HELP.
    I assume a soft reset doesn't help? Have you tried re-running the screen digitizer (Prefs->Touchscreen)?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    OK, sorry to be so dense this morning; how do I get to Prefs->Touchscreen? I'm sure I've been there but I can't seem to remember.

Also, a soft reset makes no difference.
    No problem. From the built in application launcher you should see an application called Prefs (this is the same app where you set the date/time, default buttons etc.)

Launch it, then select touchscreen from the drop down list at the top right of the screen.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    Forget Bush or Kerry (or even Nader for that matter) I'm nominating Scotty for President.

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I also have a similar problem. It has happened twice where the screen just stops responding. It starts with misalignment (tap 1, get 4) and all of a sudden it stops working. Screen recalibration just goes into a loop and doesn't calibrate. This goes on for 15-30 minutes and then all of a suddent, it's back to normal. Of course when I go to the SPCS store all works fine. Next time it happens I'm not touching it before I get to the SPCS store. It doesn't seem to be software related, and I have not dropped the unit.

Esteban