1.    #1  
    I have searched this board, but couldn't find my answer, so here's my question: When using the default email program, is there any way to insert a file from the SD card? When I choose "Insert Attachment", it gives me two choices; camera and sounds. I have a price list that I send to customers frequently, both in excel and pdf formats on my SD card. I am still weighing snappermail vs. chatter, but until then, I still need to send out prices and other information on my SD card via email when I am traveling.

Sorry for the silly question, I appreciate any help or ideas.
    Hmmm...unfortunately I think the builtin Mail App (Visto) only supports certain file types as attachments. Ironically, the bundled DTG attachment veiwer will allow you to open word/excel file types as attachments, but this does not allow you to upload them as attachments for outgoing mail!!

Anyway, I think the best solution for you would be go with Snappermail. I use it all the time and have been able to attach almost any type of file as an attachment. Chatter is great but I'm not sure it will have the same kind of attachment support in the near future...

cheers!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Right. Chatter will probably not have OUTGOING attachment support for a few more week.

Marc
    I send file attachments with SM routinely from the SD card...Ben
  5.    #5  
    Thanks everyone.
    There is a program called Send-It which will allow you to send any file using the default email app.

http://www.palmblvd.com/software/pc/...0-palm-pc.html
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem now. In the past, upon choosing "Insert Attachment" in the HS Mail program on my Sprint T650, I could see listed Sounds, Camera (or Photos?), and Documents. The Camera/Photo option is no longer listed. I wonder if some file got list somewhere over time, as I've had to reset the device and reinstall software.

Anyone figure this one out? I don't want to use Send-It which costs $10, and I was able to send photos as attachments to emails before. I just would like that capability to be restored. Thanks for any insights.
    Palm III > Treo 600 > Treo 650 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Sprint)
    Macbook C2D 2.0GHz
    The built-in mail app is Versamail, not Visto. As far as I know, Versamail only supports sending attachments from onboard, not external, memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    The built-in mail app is Versamail, not Visto. As far as I know, Versamail only supports sending attachments from onboard, not external, memory.
    And yet another great reason to use Chatter.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Zelgo, that is correct. However, this thread is so old I think they were talking about the built in client on the 600, and thus the response given above is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Zelgo, that is correct. However, this thread is so old I think they were talking about the built in client on the 600, and thus the response given above is correct.

Yeah...holy thread rival batman! The old HS email client was visto based...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions