1.    #1  
    Sorry I dont know what to call the defect. Ive read in some forums that this happens to treo 600s. It starts as small patches of yellow that gradually grow and eventually destroy the entire screen. The price of the treo 600 in my area has lowered from around $730 to $550 (equivalent in US $) so im seriously considering buying one now.

What causes the yellow spots to appear and is it more common in palmone branded treo 600s rather than the older handspring treo600s?
    the yellow dot things happened to my palmone branded treo600. i got one in feb for 399 and waited for 2 months to delivery to me (in April). i used it for 2 months totally and i got the yellow dots thing. i have no idea how it would happen. someone said bc using too much force on the LCD. the yellow dots started showing under the #1 button for 2 dots and they got more and more. i did not press too hard on #1 so i have no idea how it appears. the last time i used the original treo was in august.
    since i bought it directly from palmone, i got the "brand new" replacement from them on friday. I "assume" it is a "brand new" since i do not see any physical damange, and the firmware is the latest (of course, they can always upgrade it before they send to me), and the talk time is zero (and again, if they upgrade the fw from 2.1.2 to 3.05, it will erase the talk time. I proved it since I upgraded the defective one (after it became defective bc of the yellow dots), the talk time shows zero)
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin002
    Sorry I dont know what to call the defect. Ive read in some forums that this happens to treo 600s. It starts as small patches of yellow that gradually grow and eventually destroy the entire screen. The price of the treo 600 in my area has lowered from around $730 to $550 (equivalent in US $) so im seriously considering buying one now.

What causes the yellow spots to appear and is it more common in palmone branded treo 600s rather than the older handspring treo600s?
    It happened to my Treo 270 (my 600 is fine) which (the then) Handspring agreed to change under the warantee. Its difficult to say exactly how common it is (by posting the question you're likely to attract replies by people like myself and Superfire who have experienced the problem!). However having read these forums for a long time I consider that the problem occurs extremely infrequently considering the number of Treo owners out here.

I wouldn't let it affect your decision whether or not to buy a 600...
    Last edited by JonStern; 09/26/2004 at 04:59 AM. Reason: to add a bit