1.    #1  
    I am trying to download some windows media files to my Treo. When I go to the Windows Media Player and try to select my palm device, I get a prompt that says, "No device has been detected. Press F5 to refresh player". When I press F5, I get the same prompt. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
    Just a guess. Maybe you have to download the files to the SDIO card. I don't have one yet so I'm not sure how to do that.

Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    To get music into the Treo you need to use HotSynch or cardreader to put them on an SD Card. It does not pay to put music into your Ram as there just isn't enough room to be useful. If you don't have an SD Card you might want to look into getting one. The bigger the better as your use of it will grow quickly. A card reader is also a good buy and cheap. There are some software solutions that work instead of the card reader, but I prefer the reader for ease of use and mutiple uses. Do a search on this as there is plenty of information here for this issue, because the Treo is a swell music device--good luck
    have you downloaded he latest ptunes?

the treo has to be on and ptunes has to be running for wmp to see it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5.    #5  
    This is the latest version of PTunes. Also, I have a 256mb SD Card in my Treo. Also, Windows Media is not downloading to ram. It is not downloading at all. However, it looks to me that it will automatically download to my SD Card. Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear in my first message,
    when u installed ptunes, did you aggree to the intergration?

again, is the treo on and ptunes running?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7.    #7  
    OK. I finally figured it out. I was using Windows Media 10. Apparently there is a bug in version 10, so I went back to 9. When I went back to 9, everything installed just fine. Hope this info will help someone in the future.
    I use WMP version 10 with no problem. It only took about 40 minutes (give or take) to load up 256MB worth of mp3s (a lot faster than if I had tried to copy them using the Palm Desktop).
    Quote Originally Posted by dyowell
    OK. I finally figured it out. I was using Windows Media 10. Apparently there is a bug in version 10, so I went back to 9. When I went back to 9, everything installed just fine. Hope this info will help someone in the future.
    You are correct. There is a bug in version 10. I had to uninstall and re-install ptunes a few times before WMP 10 finally recognized my Treo. Yet on my family PC with WMP 9, it works fine.
    what you need to do after downloading WMP is re-install the latest version of pocket tunes again...

i contacted PTunes with the same problem...

download WMP10... then, re-install PTunes... and as mentioned above Ptunes must be open and running for WMP to recognize it.

best