1.    #1  
    I've tried to understand SMS and MMS. I have a friend with a Treo. She sends me pics all the time. But I would like to send her an email with a picture and have the picture show up on her Treo. It never works.

Also, my Yahoo Instant Messenger allows sending text messages to the Treo, can I send a picture with that?

But my main objective is to address an email directly to the mobile number of the Treo and have her receive a picture.

I've tried using the return address I find in pics sent from the Treo (its an ATT), but no pic seems to arrive, just text.

Can this be done? This obvious question is spoken of very little in the various groups and pamphlets, they always speak of sending a receiving with another phone.

B
    As far as I know, she has to have an e-mail program configured to recieve either a work or personal e-mail account on her Treo. You would have to send the e-mail to one of those accounts. I'm not sure if she can get an account through AT&T like Sprint. Maybe someone with an AT&T account can give you more info.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the thought. She retrieves her emails from her phone. But can not seem to open picture attachments. Maybe the problem is simply she doesn't understand attachment procedure, that is a thought. Is the process for attachment receiving a simple one?

Sorry for these 1st grade questions, I appreciate the help.

B
    Do you know which e-mail program she is using on the phone or if she has a graphic viewer installed? She might need a program like GrxView to view graphics. There are others available.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    bbbacres hey try recievit its allowa you to recieve any file
    For sending a text message, each wireless provider has there own network. for instance to send to a verizon wireless phone, it would be the phone number @vtext.com.
    I believe if you use the phone number @teleflip.com it will go to any phone provider.
    Just send an email from your PC and see what happens. Watch the cost it is something like 25 or 40 cents each on verizon.
    Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon