Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    i have a few flash files that i would like to play on my treo to show others. does anybody know of a flash player for the treo 600? of course free is always better, but not an issue.

thanks
    sjuffe
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    Unfortunately there is no native Flash player for PalmOne handhelds. Sony Clie devices come bundled with Macromedia Flash, but the Flash Player in not compatible on non-clie devices!! Sound familiar?!! This is the same situation with Piscel viewer etc...

Anyway, there is a workaround to get Flash movies on the Treo and that is to convert them using Kinoma Producer 2 which can convert Macromedia Flash into Kinoma proprietary format playable on Kinoma's free player...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Macromedia makes a Pocket PC version which is fustrating. They should be able to create a palm one non specific to the clie.
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Sony$ $paid$ $big$ $$ $to$ $Macromedia$ $to$ $port$ $Flash$ $exclusively$ $for$ $the$ $Clie$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $make$ $it$ $a$ $distincitve$ $feature$ $for$ $its$ $pda$ $line$. $However$, $I$ $do$ $agree$ $that$ $Macromedia$ $should$ $find$ $it$ $in$ $its$ $own$ $interest$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $its$ $platform$ $is$ $univerisally$ $available$ $across$ $as$ $many$ $platforms$ $as$ $possible$. $To$ $do$ $this$ $though$, $I$ $think$ $they$ $would$ $need$ $to$ $work$ $with$ $PalmSource$ $so$ $it$ $would$ $be$ $accessible$ $to$ $all$ $licensees$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions