Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Ok here is my dilemma

    If I am talking to an individual

    A second calls in and I answer

    How do I drop the first caller only?

    Driving me crazy......Any help would be appreciated
    Scott T DeBlaze
  2. #2  
    the only way is to have them disconnect by themselves... that was a problem even when i had cingular with a nokia 7160... at work also- my pbx doesn't allow you to selectively disconnect conference callers, they have to do it themselves... i guess it's how phone systems are designed
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  3.    #3  
    There has got to be some software out there that does this! Anyone please help!
    Scott T DeBlaze
  4. #4  
    I really wish there was a solution to this, it seems like such a stupid oversight that it SHOULD have been fixed in the firmware update...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherv
    I really wish there was a solution to this, it seems like such a stupid oversight that it SHOULD have been fixed in the firmware update...

    If your friends actullay say goodbye and then don't actually hang up.... That would be the more imediate "stupid oversight". Once they hang up the display still shows the caller, but you are free to receive another call. It will then display the new caller.
  6. Loolaw's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdeblaze
    Ok here is my dilemma

    If I am talking to an individual

    A second calls in and I answer

    How do I drop the first caller only?

    Driving me crazy......Any help would be appreciated
    1st apologies to those who've read this answer ten times already.. I don't know how to post a link to a thread and am too tired to look it up right now.

    I'm assuming since you only see Hang Up All, you are using a Sprint phone and that you're talking about a 2nd call and not a conference call.

    While still on the call you want to disconnect from, press the backspace key. The call will hang up and it will appear as though you've lost all connections, however, after a few seconds your phone will ring and when you answer it will be your other call - still connected.

    Clunky.. but it works
  7.    #7  
    cool thanks
    Scott T DeBlaze
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca
    1st apologies to those who've read this answer ten times already.. I don't know how to post a link to a thread and am too tired to look it up right now.

    I'm assuming since you only see Hang Up All, you are using a Sprint phone and that you're talking about a 2nd call and not a conference call.

    While still on the call you want to disconnect from, press the backspace key. The call will hang up and it will appear as though you've lost all connections, however, after a few seconds your phone will ring and when you answer it will be your other call - still connected.

    Clunky.. but it works
    With one exception that drives me crazy.

    Call friend "A". Friend A didn't hear the phone ring so you are now in voicemail.

    While you are listening to the "If you would like to leave a message..." friend A decides to call you back.

    So now you have A's voicemail on one line and A himself on the other.

    Sprint's "Hang Up All" does just that. The other line does not ring back.

    IMHO this is a major usibility issue with Sprint's system, one with no valid excuse. If they can't support 2 lines correctly then they shouldn't at all.
  9. #9  
    I have Tmo and I am able to hang up individual callers with no problem, just press backspace key when that person is active and it will hang them up, and your second call will come up on hold, all you gotta do is take it off hold and you can start talking to the other person... one thing that pissed me off tho is that when I initiate a conference call, i can't hang up individual people anymore, when I was using the treo 180, I'd do a three way call, and I can choose to hang up individual people on the conference call, but on the treo 600, I guess with the ability to do six way conference calling, it groups all your callers into one entity, and if you choose to hang up, it hangs up everybody... so you have to wait till the person on the other line hangs up... although you'll never know if they really hung up, ie. if you want to talk about some sensitive issues they shouldn't here... they might pretend to hang up and eavesdrop....
  10. Loolaw's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    #10  
    with scenario of being in voicemail & receiving a call: Don't press hang up all. After answering the 2nd call with your friend on the line, swap back to the v-mail connection & press the backspace key. Then wait for the phone to ring you back & your friend will be there waiting on the other side.

    Yes, we know TMobile handles this the correct way. It's a glaring oversight in the Sprint software.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca
    with scenario of being in voicemail & receiving a call: Don't press hang up all. After answering the 2nd call with your friend on the line, swap back to the v-mail connection & press the backspace key. Then wait for the phone to ring you back & your friend will be there waiting on the other side.

    Yes, we know TMobile handles this the correct way. It's a glaring oversight in the Sprint software.
    No this does not work. Reread my post .

    1) Call Bob. Bob does not answer. You get Bob's voicemail.
    2) Bob sees that you called so he calls you while you are in voicemail.
    3) You now have Bob's voicemail and Bob himself on the line.
    4) From Bob's voicemail hit the backspace (or tap Hang up All)
    5) Both lines are disconnected and PHONE DOES NOT RING BACK WITH BOB

    I suspect this is because the phone detects the same number on both lines and does not ring the second line back through.

    Now if I called Sue and got Sue's voicemail, then Bob called all would work as others have stated.
  12. #12  
    Look here
    Ciao

    Ettore
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    If your friends actullay say goodbye and then don't actually hang up.... That would be the more imediate "stupid oversight". Once they hang up the display still shows the caller, but you are free to receive another call. It will then display the new caller.
    Just got off the phone with aTT wireless, cancelled service. Anyhow, if you're bored and want to have fun with call centers call att wireless
    1-800-888-7600. Go through the tree to get a live person, ask any old question then finish and don't hang up. Its great, it is their policy that they can't initiate a hang up, you have to hang up first.

    Sorry, not very important and not directly on topic but if you've ever felt mistreated my call centers this is a fun way to get even.
  14. Loolaw's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    #14  
    hmmm, works for me. I just tested with a friend. Called her cell phone and had her call me after I was sent to voice mail. She calls, I answer, swapped back to her v-mail, backspaced & was reconnected to her.
  15. #15  
    tyeandgaren ...while I have to admit your post certainly made me laugh and that I am not fan of ATT -- dropped them for Verizon (which may have even worse customer service if that's possible) -- why in the world would you want to waste so much time? You obviously have way too much time on your hands.

    Sorry to stray off topic like this, but tyeandgaren's post was too funny.
  16. #16  
    regarding when Bob calls you back while you are in his voicemail, just answer the new call and hang up all when you are done. (I don't know if this counts as two calls.)

    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdeblaze
    There has got to be some software out there that does this! Anyone please help!
    Developers are you listening? This could be a BIG PAYDAY for you! We need this BAD!!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    If your friends actullay say goodbye and then don't actually hang up.... That would be the more imediate "stupid oversight". Once they hang up the display still shows the caller, but you are free to receive another call. It will then display the new caller.
    It shouldn't even show on the display that someone is still there if they are not there anymore. The whole thing needs to be corrected. It's confusing and just plain wrong!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  19.    #19  
    The fact is that you are still getting charged minutes!
    Scott T DeBlaze

Posting Permissions