1.    #1  
    My contract is up with sprintpcs and i will be moving to t-mobile because of their gsm capable phones. looks like t-mobile doesnt offer a non-camera treo. is it possible to open, then remove the treo camera safely with harming the normal functionality?

also, do you think t-mobile will offer a non-camera treo 650 version?

fyi, my driver for this request is work security reasons.

thank you.

Long time treo 270, 300, 600 user.
    Yes, it can be easily done. Eventually, corporations need to realize that cameras are going to be everywhere, regardless. With cameras fitting into a shoe button or even a pimple,the true answer to security lies not in "can you", but "will you" take a picture. Uncle Sam is, or soon will be, watching you.
    yes you can do it and yes i have done it (i put the camera back in afterwards). it's only problem is if you try to launch the pictures app in camera mode the phone crashes. or gives you an error message, its been a while and forgot exactly what happened.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    yes you can do it and yes i have done it (i put the camera back in afterwards). it's only problem is if you try to launch the pictures app in camera mode the phone crashes. or gives you an error message, its been a while and forgot exactly what happened.

Could either of you kindly list the steps required to do so (the best of your recollection). Honestly, I'm not sure even how to open the unit, let alone remove the camera hardware. I believe I saw a picture on this forum showing the internals of the Treo 600.

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by starshipxm
    Yes, it can be easily done. Eventually, corporations need to realize that cameras are going to be everywhere, regardless. With cameras fitting into a shoe button or even a pimple,the true answer to security lies not in "can you", but "will you" take a picture. Uncle Sam is, or soon will be, watching you.
    One of these again... 1984 enthusiasts.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.