Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Just noticed there was an update. Anyone know what has changed?
    It displays away messages.
    Finally! One of the features I've been waiting for!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Yes i am so happy! lol
    So for now im sticking with verichat, over causerie, because of the away message feature.
    Vericaht also seems more reliable to me, always on etc. causerie keeps disconnecting.
    But if causerie steps up to the plate, fixes the connection problem and adds viewable away messages, i might switch to them. it has some pretty cool features, and a nice interface.
    Chris
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Stupid question, but what is away messages? TQ
    Away messages are AIM things that a user can set so that when they are away, their buddies can see this extra piece of information. The new version also supports seeing Yahoo custom status messages which is more interesting for me. There also appear to be some UI changes.

I think zwalex said that this version has much better behaviour with the "auto-checking" mail programs, like the built-in mail app. and snappermail, and finally in my experience significantly improved battery life.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Anyone know of any other new features?
    I also am sticking with Verichat...simply because I purchased the lifetime lisence loooong ago and I'm happy with it!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Can anyone recieve files on it with this new version? I have always been able to send them just fine, but I have never been able to recieve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    Just noticed there was an update. Anyone know what has changed?
    I'm running 2.23b ... I must have told it to ignore this update rather than defer when it came through. Now when I check for newer versions it says I have the most recent version, and the web site doesn't have anything later.

Any ideas how I can get 2.27b? I would really like to have the away message feature!
    I've been looking for release notes for 2.27b. Does anyone know how to get them? I'm wondering if they fixed any bugs with this version.
    Ther is also a new option in the always on setting (by sms)
    Ciao

Ettore
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    that was always there as far as I know.
    They didn't do an OTA update for 2.27. I got it directly from them but they said 2.29 was coming out soon with a lot more features.
    I received verichat version 2.27 from an over the air update.
    me too
    Ciao

Ettore
    I just got a 2.28 update via email to try to resolve the bugs in 2.27.