1.    #1  
    Sprint and Cingular have been pretty much confirmed. Assuming T-Mobile gets in on the action, which service would be best to go with and why? I have Verizon now and can't wait to switch.
    It depends on your personal needs (i.e., coverage on your location, travel areas, overseas or just in the US, data speed needs, and last but not least, how much can you afford). If you provide some details (don't worry about the $$$) people here might be able to give you a better answer.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I too have the same question. I have Verizon now. I want to switch to Sprint upon the release of the 650.

Verizon's unlimited data access is $49/month. Sprint's is only $16/month. Big difference!

But some people say Sprint's network is not as good.
    Sprint's network to be better than Verizon's

Several buddies that have switch have made the same comment.

Your mileage may vary...
    my family has 3 verizon phones and my sprint phone (currently treo300)

sprint's data deal is best by far from what i have seen. and i have had no problems with sprint's phone service wherever i have travelled.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Sprint has good data speeds, reasonable data costs, but locks you into their device.
    Verizon has good data speeds, ridiculous high data costs, locks you into their device.
    Cingular has so-so data speeds, high data costs, but you can put your SIM card into other devices.
    T-Mobile has so-so data speeds, reasonable data costs, you can move your SIM card among devices.
    T-Mobile's Unlimited Data Plan ($19.95) includes HotSpot (i.e. Starbucks) for people with laptops. That is a huge plus for me.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    I have SprintPCS's 6500 minute plan for my Treo 600. Is anyone aware of a plan that can compete with that as far as minutes offerred? This is what is keeping me with Sprint because I have yet to find a provider that offers more minutes in a plan....

Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    I have actually been considering moving from Sprint to a GSM providor because of the ability to take the SIM out of the Treo and put it into a small phone when I don't need the data capabilities. Does anybody who has GSM service do this today? And if so, what have your experiences been?
    I do this regularly. It is so easy doing this with absolutly no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    I do this regularly. It is so easy doing this with absolutly no problems.
    What service are you on?
    Quote Originally Posted by csherman
    I have SprintPCS's 6500 minute plan for my Treo 600. Is anyone aware of a plan that can compete with that as far as minutes offerred? This is what is keeping me with Sprint because I have yet to find a provider that offers more minutes in a plan....

Craig
    You spend over 100 hours a month on the phone?? Holy smokes!! How do you get any work done?

A friend had some unlimited minutes plan with either Verizon or AT&T, I can't remember which, and he left the country to become a priest.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    If the new 650 supports EDGE but not EV-DO then the Sprint/Verizon speed advantage goes away, and you can choose your carrier based on how you want to be treated, and not just settle for what they choose to allow you to do.