1.    #1  
    I've had my 600 since they first became available to corporate accounts on Cingular. It has worked just fine until today.

It's been on the cradle charging since Tuesday and today I picked it up to make a call. First call attempt dropped. Connected on second attempt but distinct buzzing noise in earpiece.

Right in the middle of the call I hear the "turning radio off" chimes and my call drops. Screen then goes black.

I do a soft reset and it comes alive but battery indicator shows only 1/4 to 1/2 full. Odd since it has been shut off and on the charger since Tuesday.

Turn the radio back on and then the screen goes a "whiter shade of pale" for a minute.

Put the Treo back on the cradle, get the red charging light and then in about 2 minutes it goes green. Take the Treo off the cradle and now, miraculously the battery shows fully charged.

I really don't want to give up my Handspring Treo for the flimsier, lighter feeling PalmOne model but I'd like to know what's going on here.
    Hmmm... sounds like the battery might be dying or the radio is on the fritz... Do a backup (first!) and then try the battery reset disconnect and see what happens...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hmmm... sounds like the battery might be dying or the radio is on the fritz... Do a backup (first!) and then try the battery reset disconnect and see what happens...
    What is the battery reset disconnect?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Got it.....thanks!
    mikegold: did the complete battery discharge help in your case? i have the same problem on my treo replacement unit
    [

I really don't want to give up my Handspring Treo for the flimsier, lighter feeling PalmOne model but I'd like to know what's going on here.[/QUOTE]

There's no difference between the Handspring and PalmOne models except for the name.
    but i heard the quality of the screen is very different. the Handspring version of treo has better screen quality than palmone.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    [

I really don't want to give up my Handspring Treo for the flimsier, lighter feeling PalmOne model but I'd like to know what's going on here.

There's no difference between the Handspring and PalmOne models except for the name.[/QUOTE]

There is a definite difference. My friend has a PalmOne Treo and I've held both at the same time, one in each hand.

The PalmOne is slightly lighter in feel and looks and feels less sturdy.
    Just got my 1st replacement (original Handspring model developed the off color semicircle extending from the left hand side of the screen and the IR port doesn't work). And after the 1st call noticed a buzz in the earpiece as well when making calls. Tried hard reset, battery disconnect reset to no avail. Everytime I make a call, the voice on the other end buzzes in my ear. Guess it's time for replacement of the replacement, not to mention this replacement screen is not nearly as good as my original (blue tint, not as bright)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    got the 1st replacement about 10 days ago. it had the problem of charging the battery. it blinked red / green when the charger was plugged in. did a soft-reset, hard-reset, and battery reset, it finally works correctly. but i just feel the battery is used very quicker than normal. after a whole night full charged to 100%, i made 1 call and talked for 5 mins, the battery level dropped to 94%. i did not remember anything like that when I had my original treo (palmone version) thou. may be i am just playing too much attention on the battery level than before.
    i might get another replacement if i still do not feel comfortable within next few days about the battery level.
    i hate to get another replacement if the current one works fine. i got it without any physical damage; no buzz on the ear piece; life timer came with 0 (again, it does not mean anything because they can reset the timer by upgrading the firmware. i tried on my old treo. the life timer got erased to zero after i upgraded to the new firmware).

edit: just called for getting another replacement unit. asked nicely to get the brand new unit and she said she would try (well...better than not trying to request it anyway but i sure do not have high hope). i started to think the 1st replacement was a brand new one. oh well....

but battery life is far more important. i would not want to keep charging my phone 5-6 times a day because the battery drops faster than the stock market.
    Last edited by superfire; 10/03/2004 at 04:23 PM.