1.    #1  
    I can see a PDF file on my server, how is the best way to open or view it?
    You can to convert it first with either Acrobat conduit or Repligo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Does Adobe Acrobat for Palm OS allow this conversion to automagically happen on-the-fly when attempting to view a PDF from Blazer?
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    Does Adobe Acrobat for Palm OS allow this conversion to automagically happen on-the-fly when attempting to view a PDF from Blazer?
    NO, unfortunately. You have to use the desktop conduit to manually convert the pdf's into a compatible format before you can view them. Same goes with Repligo 2. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $only$ $email$ $app$ $that$ $automatically$ $converts$ $pdf$'$s$ $on$ $the$ $server$ $side$ $for$ $viewing$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$ $is$ $Corsoft$ $Aileron$. $The$ $only$ $palmos$ $app$ $that$ $supports$ $native$ $pdf$'$s$ $is$ $Piscel$ $Viewer$ $but$ $it$ $is$ $only$ $available$ $on$ $Sony$ $Clies$...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Isn't DocsToGo 7 capable of viewing pdf email attachments?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Isn't DocsToGo 7 capable of viewing pdf email attachments?

Sorta... AFIK, DTG7 supports native Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jpeg, BMP, and only TEXT-BASED PDF files. If you want to view a pdf with full fledged images etc, you still have to convert it using the DTG desktop conduit and then transfer it to your Treo...

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I came across this adobe email address that I have used in a pinch. For situations that I don't have access to my Adobe conduit program, email the pdf to pdf2txt@adobe.com

It will be returned to you as a txt file. If you can read txt on your Treo you're set, if not, and you have access to a computer that has the txt file from the above step, you can use this site to convert it to a palm doc file:

http://www.iconv.com/makedoc.htm

It's contrived, but out on the road, one has to improvise.
    I thought Acid-Image Pro and Resco Viewer would show pdf files...? No? Check out those two apps in your search.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    The only palmos app that supports native pdf's is Piscel Viewer but it is only available on Sony Clies...
    is there a reason why this hasn't been hacked and ported to Treo?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Repligo isnot free, but it really works well for PDFs. i've been trialing it and will buy it. you end up with the full fledged PDF on your treo; everything, images, tables, text, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by darrylb
    Repligo isnot free, but it really works well for PDFs. i've been trialing it and will buy it. you end up with the full fledged PDF on your treo; everything, images, tables, text, etc.
    You have not understood... what you say is possible with every conduit you use. What we're looking for is an app to view native pdf files!!!!!

Read before posting!
    Ciao

Ettore
    If someone can make Atari 2600 ports to the PalmOS, where are the brilliant minds who should be liberating Sony's viewer? There is a modified webpro for the T600, I find it hard to believe that nobody has not at least attempted to give Pixel's product some wings.

Derek
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettore
    You have not understood... what you say is possible with every conduit you use. What we're looking for is an app to view native pdf files!!!!!

Read before posting!
    Chill dude! Darry has a decent point as it's been well noted that Repligo is probably the best overall viewer for PDF documents. Other apps like DTG, RichReader etc may also have desktop conversion conduits, but Repligo 2.0 imo does the best job of conversion of them all and thus worth mentioning!!

Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy
    If someone can make Atari 2600 ports to the PalmOS, where are the brilliant minds who should be liberating Sony's viewer? There is a modified webpro for the T600, I find it hard to believe that nobody has not at least attempted to give Pixel's product some wings.

Derek

I'm pretty sure people have tried , but so far no luck afaikafaikafaik! $It$ $the$ $same$ $reason$ $why$ $there$ $hasn$'$t$ $been$ $a$ $port$ $of$ $Macromedia$ $Flash$ $from$ $the$ $Clie$ $to$ $PalmOne$ $devices$ $etc$...