1.    #1  
    I have a .mid file on my sd card in a mid folder.

How do i get the treo to 'see' the file and how do i select the mid file to play when a particular person calls? If i go to the ringtone choices, it just gives me the default list of choices.

Also, where are these default ringtones located on the treo? My Filez doesn't see them anywhere.

thanks.

steve
    Try click on WWW in crowser then type
    file://AUDIO/nameoffile.midi

should open in browser or option to open with Sounds.
  3.    #3  
    thanks.

i just tried it and i got an error that said:

unkonw error. URL: file://audio/simpsons.mid

ok.

I am supposed to do this without connecting to the net, right?

Steve
    you missed the i on midi at the end of the address
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    PRANKSTAR is right. I had the same issue with a file I downloaded. I find it best to download them directly through Blazer onto my Treo.
    Be the change you want to see in the World --Ghandi
  6.    #6  
    Still didn't work. the original files were all *.mid files. This came from Revkathy's midi ringtone downloads.

why would i have a 4 letter extention? everything is in .doc, .prc, etc. All 3 letter extensions. Regardless, even if i changed the extension to .midi and then tried using the browser to look for that, it still gave me the same above error message.

Isn't there a folder where the default ringtones live? Can't i just drop this file into that location?

Thanks, steve
    I will look for you tomorrow, but you can download a file browser like FileZ and find out yourself. Did you download these files from your treo directly? Or did you download them on your computer then move them to the treo?
    Be the change you want to see in the World --Ghandi
  8.    #8  
    i do have filez but can't find the ringtone folder or files. And i did download RevKathy zip to my desktop and tried to hot sync and drag/drop onto the folder, with no luck. Hmmm.
    Here are instructions that were sent to me. I had the exact same situation with several ringtones on my card and no way to have them uploaded to the mysterious ringtone database. Received the following instructions and as long as you know the file structure, it will work.

Here goes: "Use this method to install a midi file from the SD card.
    - Copy the .mid file to your SD card.
    - In Blazer, you should be able to enter the URL, file:///path/to/file.mid - For example:
    File not in a directory: file:///file.mid
    File in a directory: file:///dir/file.mid
    File in a subdirectory: file:///dir1/dir2/file.mid
    - Then just choose save, you can rename the tone if you like.

The new tone will now be available in the Treo 600 ringtones database." Hope it helps. Good luck
  10.    #10  
    That so worked!!

I was missing the extra '/'. No one ever said you needed 3 of them after the File:.

Still don't understand how or why Blazer needs to install a .mid file? Shouldn't you just be able to transfer it to the treo like all the other programs?

Thanks a lot.
    stevo
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo4
    That so worked!!

I was missing the extra '/'. No one ever said you needed 3 of them after the File:.

Still don't understand how or why Blazer needs to install a .mid file? Shouldn't you just be able to transfer it to the treo like all the other programs?

Thanks a lot.
    stevo
    It's just the way they did it unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo4
    That so worked!!

Thanks a lot.
    stevo
    Because you are not simply transferring a *.mid you are installing it into the ringtone database?
    KeNNethX - The gUy iS oUt tHeRe!