1.    #1  
    Hello,

I've been a happy user of my Treo 600 for some months now. I use it some of the basic applications all the time, such as diary, phone, contacts, SMS, email. This post is to list a few niggles and ask if anyone can point me in the direction of solutions.

Thankyou,

1. Contacts - When synchronising contacts with PC running Mandrake 10, Kpilot, Kontact I find two minor problems
    i) Contacts which were entered on the PC before I started using the Treo do not synchronise and so do not appear on the Treo unless I go into the PC application and make a change and save it.
    ii) Categories are duplicated on the Treo. Eg: I have two categories called "Commercial". The spelling and capitalisation is identical. One of these contains those added on the Treo and the other contains those that appear on the Treo because they were entered on the PC and have arrived via sync. On the PC there is only one category called "Commercial".

2. Email - I can send SMTP and receive POP3 email on three accounts over GPRS, but with one provider I can't receive POP3. If I tick the box on the Treo for "SSL required for POP3" then the Treo produces no errors and receives no emails even when they are on the server waiting to be received. My mail provider says that he does not support SSL, so if I remove the tick for "SSL required for POP3" and communicate then the Treo says "We were unable to log in to the mail server. Please go to the Name tab of Account Settings and verify your email address and password. For further support contact your email provider."
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulserjeant
    Hello,

I've been a happy user of my Treo 600 for some months now. I use it some of the basic applications all the time, such as diary, phone, contacts, SMS, email. This post is to list a few niggles and ask if anyone can point me in the direction of solutions.

Thankyou,

1. Contacts - When synchronising contacts with PC running Mandrake 10, Kpilot, Kontact I find two minor problems
    i) Contacts which were entered on the PC before I started using the Treo do not synchronise and so do not appear on the Treo unless I go into the PC application and make a change and save it.
    ii) Categories are duplicated on the Treo. Eg: I have two categories called "Commercial". The spelling and capitalisation is identical. One of these contains those added on the Treo and the other contains those that appear on the Treo because they were entered on the PC and have arrived via sync. On the PC there is only one category called "Commercial".

2. Email - I can send SMTP and receive POP3 email on three accounts over GPRS, but with one provider I can't receive POP3. If I tick the box on the Treo for "SSL required for POP3" then the Treo produces no errors and receives no emails even when they are on the server waiting to be received. My mail provider says that he does not support SSL, so if I remove the tick for "SSL required for POP3" and communicate then the Treo says "We were unable to log in to the mail server. Please go to the Name tab of Account Settings and verify your email address and password. For further support contact your email provider."
    The email problem is solved. It seems it may have been as simple as getting the password wrong.

The contact problem remains. It means that I have 1,500 contacts on my PC and only a few hundred on my Treo 600. If only I could find a way to tell Kontact to overwrite all the contacts on the Treo ...