Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I sold my used TREO for $474.25 two weeks ago on ebay. I knew the ACE would be out soon and that was the device for me. I am trying to cope with just a laptop for now and my Sanyo 8100 phone. The TREO ACE will be the perfect tool for the Real Estate Professional. Currently I use a Laptop, Desktop, Canon Digital Rebel and Cell Phone. It will be nice to have everything that I need in one device that fits right in my pocket. My guess is that the price will be $650.00 just like the model.
    What are your thoughts on price without a new plan?
    Robert Bolar REALTOR® for Utah Homes
    Coldwell Banker
    "Selling Utah One Home At A Time" SellUtah.com or OwnUtah.com
    Cell: 801-920-4620
    Office: 801-920-2440
    Res: 801-737-3664
    Fax: 801-475-8115
    Pretty much expected, the 600 came out at $600msrp.

Now, who want's to place bets on the 700 being released at $700?
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

$1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    $1000
    Then they can keep it!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    OwnUtah
    I need to talk to you but I don't know how to get in touch with you.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Remember the ole saying, "Jack of all trades and master of none?" This is the dilemma that the Treo 600 and 650 fall into. Granted I love my 600 and will definitely upgrade when the 650 hits the streets, however OwnUtah and others might be reminded that the Treo does a very select group of things WELL. I have no issues with the phone, it has done what I ask it to do just fine (7-10 calls per day perhaps). Organizer? For me the Palm OS organizer is a joke. Upgrade to Agendus and now you are talking. Camera? Only in the most specialized of circumstances. Laptop replacement? Perhaps for very small jobs like updating an Excel spread or making corrections to a Word doc (once again upgrades, upgrades, upgrades). Email? I have yet to find a piece of software that does what I ask it to with email (Upgrade). Games? Lack of a hi res screen prevents use of the good ones (fixed in the 650). MP3's? Pocket Tunes is, you guessed it, an upgrade.
    I guess what I am getting at is that by the time you pay for all the hardware (SD Cards, cradle, decent handsfree/earphones) and software up's (I am currently at over $475 in software) then you might conclude that you could've bought a stunning digital camera, a decent cell phone, a PDA or a small palm top computer and would be about equal money. As it sits now with the 600 you (as a professional real estater) will undoubtedly need some of these items anyway.

Sorry about length and frequency of (). Love my Treo but am not ready to chuck my other devices.

--kaisersouse
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
    --Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
  7. zoz
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaisersouse
    Remember the ole saying, "Jack of all trades and master of none?" This is the dilemma that the Treo 600 and 650 fall into. Granted I love my 600 and will definitely upgrade when the 650 hits the streets, however OwnUtah and others might be reminded that the Treo does a very select group of things WELL. I have no issues with the phone, it has done what I ask it to do just fine (7-10 calls per day perhaps). Organizer? For me the Palm OS organizer is a joke. Upgrade to Agendus and now you are talking. Camera? Only in the most specialized of circumstances. Laptop replacement? Perhaps for very small jobs like updating an Excel spread or making corrections to a Word doc (once again upgrades, upgrades, upgrades). Email? I have yet to find a piece of software that does what I ask it to with email (Upgrade). Games? Lack of a hi res screen prevents use of the good ones (fixed in the 650). MP3's? Pocket Tunes is, you guessed it, an upgrade.
    I guess what I am getting at is that by the time you pay for all the hardware (SD Cards, cradle, decent handsfree/earphones) and software up's (I am currently at over $475 in software) then you might conclude that you could've bought a stunning digital camera, a decent cell phone, a PDA or a small palm top computer and would be about equal money. As it sits now with the 600 you (as a professional real estater) will undoubtedly need some of these items anyway.

Sorry about length and frequency of (). Love my Treo but am not ready to chuck my other devices.

--kaisersouse

True, but that's the price of being on the "cutting edge" of technology. The treos are just the beginning of convergence devices which will undoubtedly become the 'norm'.
    Quote Originally Posted by OwnUtah
    I sold my used TREO for $474.25 two weeks ago on ebay. I knew the ACE would be out soon and that was the device for me. I am trying to cope with just a laptop for now and my Sanyo 8100 phone. The TREO ACE will be the perfect tool for the Real Estate Professional. Currently I use a Laptop, Desktop, Canon Digital Rebel and Cell Phone. It will be nice to have everything that I need in one device that fits right in my pocket. My guess is that the price will be $650.00 just like the model.
    474.25? is your treo made of gold? is that the going price nowadays? i'd sell mine in an instant for that much.
    I think that it will probably be 599-699. Hopefully it will be 599 because I am going to sell my Treo 600 with 3 year warranty from Best Buy and headset adapter, handsfree+earphones headset and Palmone leather case. Hopefully I can get 400 for it.
    "Could I have been anyone other than me"
    -Dave Matthews Band"
    True, but that's the price of being on the "cutting edge" of technology. The treos are just the beginning of convergence devices which will undoubtedly become the 'norm'.

I dont think that the current trend of handset and PDA manufacturers making convergent devices will continue as it is today. We are seeing alot of manufacturers making C-devices and striking out miserably. Nokia and its clamshell Communicator series is a hige R&D flop for them as well as the poorly received N Gage. Luckily, Nokia still has a huge share of the handset market with its low and medium frills phones. Qualcomm also made forays into convergent devices years ago and had troubles. Yes, handsets are becoming more the phone calls, but I believe that the majority of consumers (espcially US consumers)will continue to buy the FREE phone when they activate service with a provider like Sprint, Verizon, etc. I am happy like a company like PalmOne exists that offers geek shiek products like the Treo but I think we are going to see a fade of the current trend to have cameras, radios, MP3 players, TV remote controls, and the like.

kaisersouse
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
    Sorry....anyone know how to cut and paste a previous persons comments into my reply with that box surrounding it? Help.
    try the quote button
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morphiend
    474.25? is your treo made of gold? is that the going price nowadays? i'd sell mine in an instant for that much.
    Morph I sold it for that price with all goodies... hard case and Etc..
    Robert Bolar REALTOR® for Utah Homes
    Coldwell Banker
    "Selling Utah One Home At A Time" SellUtah.com or OwnUtah.com
    Cell: 801-920-4620
    Office: 801-920-2440
    Res: 801-737-3664
    Fax: 801-475-8115
    my guess $650. that puts it at a nice round 500 for a new line of service.
    I don't seej it going higher than 599. I think if they do, they will lose a lot of customers. 599 is already high enough for a phone!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    try the quote button
    Yeah, or copy-n-paste what you want and surround it with the string "QUOTE" in square brackets '[' and ']' and then the string "\QUOTE" also surrounded by square brackets.
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 10/15/2004 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Added subtitle
    As a Real Estate professional, if you think the Treo (no matter HOW GOOD the camera is) will replace your Rebel you will be severely disappointed. Maybe for a quick shot of a bathroom .... but for quality photos you want to show to a client of a proposed property ... don't leave your SLR home.
    A Radioshack manager told me today they are going to be carrying the Treo 650 are are expecting it, though not confirmed, to be around $450.
    Sometimes it might be better to have a flexible OS that is easily upgradeable to do things that you might want it to do that Joe Blow down the street does not need, rather than trying to pack it full of geek-quality programs that overwhelm the average user. All I ask is for a stable, flexible OS so I can customize it to my hearts content. Surely we all know of instances when the OS company tries to feature pack its software. It either ends up buggy or someone else STILL comes out with something better.

OMG! Some freakin...moron...er...person... bought your used Treo for $475.00 clams?????? Hey guys, I have an old Handspring...cheap...only er... $300.00 bucks!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast