1.    #1  
    I've looked all over for this feature and can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know of any software that has this feature?
    There was a thing called Afftersync but I found that unreliable on my Treo600

My requirement was to launch on treo the Audible programe to transfer latest updates to audible.com content..

Aftersync just didnt seem to do it and it go ditched from my handheld.
    .no sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by markballard
    I've looked all over for this feature and can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know of any software that has this feature?
    Both SyncBack and AfterSync have no way of detecting if your handheld leaves the cradle or is inserted in the cradle. These two programs were simply a way to return to an application other than HotSync when the HotSync process finished.

In my eight years of working with Palm devices I have not seen an application that does specifically what you are asking but that does not mean one does not exist somewhere. I do know there is the functionality to detect both cradle insert and remove but have not seen it applied to launch any application.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Hey Quickster, sounds like you have a new possible product to create huh?! Seriously, I would purchase something like this especially if it could be expanded beyond just cradle detect but also bluethooth detection!! I can imagine something like BT proximity detecting software on the Treo 650 that would allow for automatic syncing whenever a BT connection is detected! What do ya think!?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hey Quickster, sounds like you have a new possible product to create huh?! Seriously, I would purchase something like this especially if it could be expanded beyond just cradle detect but also bluethooth detection!! I can imagine something like BT proximity detecting software on the Treo 650 that would allow for automatic syncing whenever a BT connection is detected! What do ya think!?
    It seems that yet again we might be competing with Quickster. I have planned similar program for long, but have not had time to implement it yet. But first things first - I need to update my other programs before I can start working on this one.

But I had not thought of detecting a BT connection - interesting idea.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    It seems that yet again we might be competing with Quickster. I have planned similar program for long, but have not had time to implement it yet. But first things first - I need to update my other programs before I can start working on this one.

But I had not thought of detecting a BT connection - interesting idea.

Nachon, a BT proximity app would be "gold" imo! There already is an app called BTSync, but this just regularly polls for active BT connections and then automatically launches BT sync if a BT connection is detected. What I would like is an app that can actually sniff and detect when a new BT pairable device is available and then launch the appropiate app as desired. For example, detect and sync your Treo Ace with your BT enabled laptop as you walk into a room w/o having to manually activate it. Or another example is to detect a known paired device like another Treo Ace and automatically launch an app like Colligo whenever in proximity. That would be great for example in meetings etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the responses. I saw the "connect/disconnect" events in the Palm API and was going to write a quick and dirty app myself if one didn't exist. I just thought for sure someone would have written one by now. I didn't want to invest the time if one was out there. Thanks for the feedback so at least I know my time won't be wasted!
    Quote Originally Posted by markballard
    Thanks for the responses. I saw the "connect/disconnect" events in the Palm API and was going to write a quick and dirty app myself if one didn't exist. I just thought for sure someone would have written one by now. I didn't want to invest the time if one was out there. Thanks for the feedback so at least I know my time won't be wasted!
    Mark, I just want to warn you that Treo doesn't support the connect/disconnect events, so it may not be as easy as you think.
    Did you use Profeo today ?
  9.    #9  
    Great... no it wouldn't be. Thanks for saving me the pain of discovering that on my own. I don't want to invest the time it's going to apparently take to write this app, so I'll just hang on until someone does one - or hopefully the 650 will support those events.