1.    #1  
    anyone have any experience with the treo600 doing a soft reset automatically after picking up a pone call? is this a glitch thats fixable, or just a "well its just a machine, and machines are not perfect"
    thakns
    Quote Originally Posted by cingularguy1234
    anyone have any experience with the treo600 doing a soft reset automatically after picking up a pone call? is this a glitch thats fixable, or just a "well its just a machine, and machines are not perfect"
    thakns
    Do you have any MP3 ringtone software installed (lightwav, Callfilter etc..)? I have noticed a few resets before in an older version of Lightwav.
    Essentially I would recieve the call, see the caller ID info, press the answer key, and RESET.

If you are seeing the same thing then maybe thats the problem. If so try to disable them for a day or two and see how things go.
  3.    #3  
    well i dont have that software at least i dont think i do, but even if i do i do not have an mp3 for a ringtone only a regular ringtone. i did not have this problem except oncwe, and then yes it did exactly as you descriibe. any ideas on why this hap[pens....i believge i have software b and a born date of 4315
    thanks again
    Anytime that it has happened to me I was able to trace it to some other activity on the treo. I think that some programs on the Palm side do not play very well with the phone side. Do you tend to leave the treo on the palm launcher screen, in a palm app, or do you usually revert back to the phone screen after using it?
  5.    #5  
    well usaually i revert back to the phone side, but not always. i do not have that many apps on my computer that i use that frequently but if you knew of something in particu;lar that causes problems i would appreciate knowing about it.
    thanks
    T
    T
    T
    Any chance that the incoming call is from a number that you've listed as a speed Dial? I had an instance where every time I received a call from a certain speed dial number the phone would reset. I deleted the speed dial entry and then re-entered it and the problem went away.

Ski
  7.    #7  
    interesting i have a lot of numbers listed in my phonebook but none on speedial. Just this morning while placing a call my treo froze, i did a hard reset this time and we shall see what happens. i dont have very many programs on my palm and i have over 8 mb free, but as of this monrnig before the hard reset i had this problem/.\
    thanks