Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    cellphonesolutions just called me back for the order I placed in May. They have the Treo 600 antenna adapters now.
  2. #2  
    I have just found that cellantenna.com also has them. They are priced at $9.95 and shipping to my area was $9.27. Shipping is excessive for something so small but the cellphonesolutions site listed the adaptor at $15.95 so I assume that even low shipping will bring it to about the same total cost if not more.
    The problem at cellphonesolutions is that they do not specify the adaptor as a Treo 600, just as Handspring Treo. I am not certain if earlier versions of the Treo had the same antenna connector or not so do not trust that the one advertised will necessarily fit the 600.

    Thanks dbrashear for the info. I had searched apparently just before they became available on the web sites and your message here caused me to search again. I will post a message on this site once I get the adaptor to say how well it is working.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbrashear
    cellphonesolutions just called me back for the order I placed in May. They have the Treo 600 antenna adapters now.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by the_nite_owl
    I have just found that cellantenna.com also has them. They are priced at $9.95 and shipping to my area was $9.27. Shipping is excessive for something so small but the cellphonesolutions site listed the adaptor at $15.95 so I assume that even low shipping will bring it to about the same total cost if not more.
    The problem at cellphonesolutions is that they do not specify the adaptor as a Treo 600, just as Handspring Treo. I am not certain if earlier versions of the Treo had the same antenna connector or not so do not trust that the one advertised will necessarily fit the 600.
    They had Treo 300 adapters before. They just got the 600 adapters in. All the same price, apparently, and i think they said (had I not added an order for an antenna) shipping was going to be $5. You have to tell them which you want because apparently they have 600 to (2 or 3 different connectors)
  4. #4  
    I was about to say I could not imagine the 600 having multiple different connector types until I realized it would be the type of connector on the antenna side of the cable rather than the Treo.
    Not sure what the one I order will come with but it does not matter as at this moment my antenna goes to bared leads and I will have to put an connector on it anyway.

    Still, it makes me nervous to only see Handspring Treo as the adaptor type. I would be leary of ordering not knowing that they were specfically sending me the one for the 600. I see either the wrong one being sent or a long delay before I get notified that they do not have the one I requested in stock and have to refund my money.
    Not a jibe at that particular company, just my experience in general.

    I will soon be looking into an amplifier repeater setup for my house. Up on the roof I get about 3 bars but inside the house I am lucky to occasionally get 1 bar. The repeater would allow my wife and I to use both of our cellphones inside the house with good signal and not have to be plugged into an external antenna. Her phone has the integrated antenna and I tried one of the snap on inductive antenna connectors and it did not do a thing for her reception.

    Anyone figure out a way to get a good signal strength reading on a Treo with AT&T Wireless? I know the codes for the Sprint version do not work on my GMS phone.
    Anyone???

    Quote Originally Posted by dbrashear
    They had Treo 300 adapters before. They just got the 600 adapters in. All the same price, apparently, and i think they said (had I not added an order for an antenna) shipping was going to be $5. You have to tell them which you want because apparently they have 600 to (2 or 3 different connectors)
  5. #5  
    This is great news if true. Will obviate my current effort to connect an external antenna to the 600, which has not been going very well. I hope the adapter will also be compatible to the 650.
  6. #6  
    Don't know if this is true or not but I have heard that the treo 600 external antenna has to be "activated" in order for it to work. This "activation" is via a pin on the hotsync connector.

    Anyone know anything about this? I hope it is false.
  7. #7  
    Hay, i went brifly looking for adapters on both sites. what are the name of the adapters. and how well do they work? either for this treo version or past versions
  8. #8  
    I talked to cellantenna yesterday. they are expecting shipment monday. I will be in the area next week and will pick one up for myself.

    They said the Treo 600 antenna adapter terminates in a FME connector. you will need a barrel adapter to go between depending on the type of connector on your antenna. Here's how to tell:.

    If
    3/8 id with internal thread, then it is mini UHF.

    if
    1/2 " id then it is TNC
  9. #9  
    I would like to know if this works or if it is a bunch of hooey.

    Please post your results and pics.

    Thanks.
  10. #10  
    I would doubt this to be true.
    The THB car cradle attaches to an external antenna. The only thing required is the update provided by PalmOne. I thought this update was only to correct problems with handsfree operation and echo but it is possible that it activates the external antenna. If you have updated the Treo already I would not imagine anything else was needed.

    Actually, I was playing with the external antenna I have and manually connected the trimmed ends of the coaxial cable to the Treo's external antenna connector and received a boost in signal so I doubt any other activation is required.

    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Don't know if this is true or not but I have heard that the treo 600 external antenna has to be "activated" in order for it to work. This "activation" is via a pin on the hotsync connector.

    Anyone know anything about this? I hope it is false.
  11. #11  
    antenna adapter for 
  12. #12  
    WTF did Blazer do to my last post? This is happening way too often.

    Anyway, got my antenna adapter. Just hooked it up to a 10" square planer directional antenna rated at 15 dbi gain. I'm in an area with rssi (##33284) of 83 with the treo antenna. With the planer antenna inside a room, plugged in and roughly aimed for best signal, I'm getting rssi of 68. It works!
    This is really awesome! Can't wait to see if it will pull in a signal at the ski lodge in VT.

    Ps. The antenna I have comes with 30 ft of cabling and terminates in a mini uhf connector,which means I had to buy a barrel adapter so go between the mini uhf and the Treo 600 adapter cable which terminates in a fme connector.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    WTF did Blazer do to my last post? This is happening way too often.

    Anyway, got my antenna adapter. Just hooked it up to a 10" square planer directional antenna rated at 15 dbi gain. I'm in an area with rssi (##33284) of 83 with the treo antenna. With the planer antenna inside a room, plugged in and roughly aimed for best signal, I'm getting rssi of 68. It works!
    This is really awesome! Can't wait to see if it will pull in a signal at the ski lodge in VT.

    Ps. The antenna I have comes with 30 ft of cabling and terminates in a mini uhf connector,which means I had to buy a barrel adapter so go between the mini uhf and the Treo 600 adapter cable which terminates in a fme connector.
    newtreouser, Im usually getting an rssi of -103 at home. Would a setup like this be beneficial for me? If so how could I go about getting all of the parts for it?

    I did a search for the planer antenna and barreel connectors but still really dont know what Im looking for. Any help here would be greatly appreciated, as I need to be able to use my phone at home.
  14. #14  
    newtreouser, where did you pick up your barrel adaptor?
    I have one of those 3" magnetic base antennas that has the larger barrel adaptor.
    Radio Shack and the local AT&T Wireless dealer did not carry any adaptors or even antennas.

    I use AT&T for service so the ##33284 does not work. I can use #*744625 to get to a screen showing an RSSI reading but the number never seems to go anywhere but 38272 or 6. So I cannot tell what amount of increase the antenna gives me beyond the jump from no service to two bars.
  15. #15  
    Freepour, it may work for you. I won't know till I try it at the lodge where I have no signal bars and rssi says 104 3" 105.

    tnl- I got it from the place in Flushing ny.
  16. #16  
    sorrry for the typo. rssi of 104 to 105
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Freepour, it may work for you. I won't know till I try it at the lodge where I have no signal bars and rssi says 104 3" 105.

    tnl- I got it from the place in Flushing ny.
    Newtreo, sounds great, keep us informed of how well it works. In the meantime, might you point me in the right direction to pick up a decent antenna to use? This way I will be ready to go if it does work well.

    Also I know that you like to sell some of your own ideas here on T/C. Do you think that you might be willing to sell antenna packages for this purpose?
  18. #18  
    I received my Treo 600 antenna adapter from CellAntenna about a week ago and have had a chance to thoroughly evaluate it with a DA4000 amplifier and a DigitalAntenna cell antenna. It fits and works like a charm!

    I use the amplifier and antenna on a houseboat on Lake Powell, Utah. This is a difficult site when "up-river". The adapter and amplifier increased my Treo from 1 bar to 4 bars in one location and 2 bars to 5 bars in another. Both sending and receiving worked great and voice quality was excellent on Verizon's network there.

    The adapter fits easily and securely into the phone jack. No activation of the jack is needed (at least the Verizon version). This is a quality product and is highly recommended. Check with CellAntenna.com for order info. Cost was $9.95 but shipping was $9.00. (Cheap price, exorbitant shipping, but together it is reasonable for a hard-to-find product.)
  19. #19  
    Anyone know how to connect the adapter to the Treo 600.

    I just got it and i cant figure it out . Also where do I get an atenna to connect to the adapter?
  20. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #20  
    LDEggert,
    can you post pics of your set up?
    also can you post a pic of how it connects to the treo?
    thanx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions