Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Second that

I cant figure out what to do with this adapter. There is no were on the Treo 600 to plug it in?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_nite_owl
    Anyone figure out a way to get a good signal strength reading on a Treo with AT&T Wireless? I know the codes for the Sprint version do not work on my GMS phone.
    Anyone???
    NiteOwl - I'm a non-techie with a question for you. I have SprintPCS Treo600 and have terrible reception at my house (used FastForward to send incoming calls to my home-phone until Sprint charged me big time for all forwarded calls). You suggest there are codes for Sprint that may help reception. What are they and how do I employ them. Or should a technician do this so I don't screw things up?
    Sorry, the codes I refer to only show what signal strength is. It does not increase the signal at all.
    It will give you a screen showing the RSSI value of your current signal.
    This is useful for analyzing how strong the signal is an a particular area including different areas of your house.
    I do not know all the codes for Sprint as I am on AT&T but if you do a search on Sprint Code RSSI you should be able to find them.

It is just a matter of going to the phone screen and dialing the code.
    There are a lot of known codes and some can impair the functions of your phone so you want to approach them carefully but the one to show RSSI value is straightforward.
    I do not know the exact ranges for signal strength but effectively numbers around 100 or higher reflect little to no signal at all and numbers in the 60's are about maximum signal strength. The lower the number the stronger the signal.

Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    NiteOwl - I'm a non-techie with a question for you. I have SprintPCS Treo600 and have terrible reception at my house (used FastForward to send incoming calls to my home-phone until Sprint charged me big time for all forwarded calls). You suggest there are codes for Sprint that may help reception. What are they and how do I employ them. Or should a technician do this so I don't screw things up?
    On the back of your Treo 600 just underneath the antenna are two rubber plugs. The little one covers the screw to remove the antenna. You do not want to do that.
    The larger of the two plugs covers the external antenna connector. You need to pry the rubber plug out of the hole and you then have access to plug in the external antenna. Unfortunately, the rubber plug is not an easy in/easy out thing and you would probably just leave it out permanently but that does leave the antenna port uncovered.

In my cubicle at work I have little to no reception. I bought an inexpensive 4" magnetic mount antenna on eBay and combined with the Treo 600 antenna adaptor I can plug in at work and now have 2-3 bars almost all of the time.
    Remember though that a typical mobile antenna requires a ground plane in order to get good signal strength. I have a metal file holder that I turned on it's side and stick the magnet to it. You just need roughly 8" of a horizontal metal surface for it to work well. If you put it on a non metal surface you may not improve the reception at all.

Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Second that

I cant figure out what to do with this adapter. There is no were on the Treo 600 to plug it in?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    WTF did Blazer do to my last post? This is happening way too often.

Anyway, got my antenna adapter. Just hooked it up to a 10" square planer directional antenna rated at 15 dbi gain. I'm in an area with rssi (##33284) of 83 with the treo antenna. With the planer antenna inside a room, plugged in and roughly aimed for best signal, I'm getting rssi of 68. It works!
    This is really awesome! Can't wait to see if it will pull in a signal at the ski lodge in VT.

Ps. The antenna I have comes with 30 ft of cabling and terminates in a mini uhf connector,which means I had to buy a barrel adapter so go between the mini uhf and the Treo 600 adapter cable which terminates in a fme connector.
    Hi NewTreoUser, could you give me the exact model number of what you got?
    Also do you have a GSM or CDMA treo600?
    Is you setup for both models or mainly for GSM or CDMA?
    ac, I have Sprint so it's cdma. my antenna is the PC 19013 panel antenna. do a google and you will find it. It is very directional sensitive so you have to aim it very slowly.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12