Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just got my card and I got a vfs mark of 191 pretty crappy ...definitly not 60x maybe its the treo... hmmmm what to do.

I just did another test after resetting and got a 316 better but still doesn't seem like 60x
    Last edited by evilhomer; 09/27/2004 at 01:02 PM.
    Just tested the 1GB PQI card I got from NewEgg last month. Came in at 236. Not bad. I haven't had any issues with mp3 playback, or program execution.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWilliam
    Just tested the 1GB PQI card I got from NewEgg last month. Came in at 236. Not bad. I haven't had any issues with mp3 playback, or program execution.

The PQI should be around 270-290, at least with the TREO 600. Make sure you test with the treo, not other handhelds as those #s will be different with different bus SDIO speeds...

as for the 60x, 310+ is very close to 60x. i usually try about 5-10 tests and average them out..although there are some strange discrepancies (170, etc.) sometimes and i'm not sure why.

$92 for a 60x speed card, pretty darn good (at least i think so)
    i got the newegg PQI 45x for $97 and i'm certainly happy
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    The PQI should be around 270-290, at least with the TREO 600. Make sure you test with the treo, not other handhelds as those #s will be different with different bus SDIO speeds...
    Would this have anything to do with current processor load? As in wireless mode on/off... background programs like pTunes, ect... I did not do a soft reset before the first test. I ran it again just after a soft reset and came out with the same result. Maybe its a GSM vs CDMA issue?
    eCost is selling 1GB SDs for $68.

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/deta...email,ewb06267

They have a handling fee of $4.95 and do not charge a shipping fee.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    that will be the regular speed lexar, not the 32x

as for processor load, i am unsure. there have been slight variations of CDMA vs GSM, however, there are also variations between CDMA vs CDMA, so there is no real conclusive evidence that the gsm treo would be higher/lower VFS marks than the CDMA.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    "Yes this is thinner than a standard SD card, but works fine in my Treo 600 with a minimum of fiddling."

It certainly is thinner than my 256 MB Sandisk.

Almost looks like you could fit two of them in the SD slot!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12