1. DJT
    I'm currently testing out my 1st replacement phone that PalmOne sent me to replace my original Treo, which has a defective radio. Last night, I took the "new" phone out of my pocket and to my surprise, saw the setup screen that runs the very first time you turn on the phone. It looks like my treo managed to hard reset itself somehow, and all of the information I had stored on it for the last week was gone. Anyone ever experience this problem before? Are there any known defects that cause this problem? It worries me, because I take my phone with me when I'm traveling and I don't want to lose all my info and phone numbers while I'm 2000 miles from home. My original phone never did this by the way.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    It happens to me occasionally. I have a retractable USB cable that I use at work & in the car (with adapter). Sometimes when I plug this into the Treo after it is already connected to power, it causes a hard reset.

Best solution I've found is "don't do that". Works fine if plugged into Treo first.

Recovery from this is thankfully easy ... I use Backupman and have scheduled a backup every night at 3:25 am. It restores things perfectly, but obviously I was losing everything that had been entered since the previouis night.

If travelling, I would definitely have an SD card and a backup program of your choice!
  3. DJT
    The weird thing is, though, I didn't do anything to cause the hard reset. The phone was just sitting in my pocket. I had looked at it maybe 10 minutes earlier and it was fine.