1.    #1  
    I recently purchased a used Treo 300 from a friend. How Can I determine if it is still covered under the original factory warranty? I learned from these forums that it transfers to a second owner. I am unsure of the original activation date.

Is there a way I can enter the ESN on a site and see the original date?

Any help is appreciated!

Sincerely,
    Dragonman_0206
    Dial ##786 to get your usage and warranty info. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #3  
    I found out it was activated 11/4/03, so I have about a month left . The prevoius owner said the battery didn't hold a charge very well. Is this something that would be covered under warranty? If so, I would gladly accept a refurb 300, but have read here that Sprint may be out of them. Would they then upgrade me to a 600? Would I need to go to a "Sprint Store" for this (Service center). If so does anyone have any suggestions for a smooth process?

I'm not looking for a "free" 600, I just want a working smartphone.

Thank you for the previous post and for any additional comments.

Sincerely,
    Jeff Estep
    If in fact it doesn't hold a charge, then you should get a replacement under warranty. You will need to go to a Sprint store - that's what the CSR will tell you when you call Sprint. They will run some diagnostics etc. If they have a 300 in stock, then they might give you one. If not, they may give you a 600. YMMV from store to store. If you're lucky, you may get the 600 for free. Be amicable. Find a service rep with a good disposition if you can. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!