Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    As long as people choose Treo's over the alternatives that are available to them, P1 has a future. You can certainly make the case that they coulda/woulda/shoulda had a better future, but hindsight is always 20-20. I think there is NO future in handhelds, and P1 agrees, which is why they bought Handspring. So I give their management credit for heading in the right direction, even if not fast enough.

There is no future in handheld, because P1 can't compete. Everybody else is growing.
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    Despite PalmSource's current lead position in the handheld market, analysts predict that rival Microsoft will catch up and surpass the company in the next few years. The Palm OS was used in 51.7 percent of handhelds shipped worldwide in 2003, while Microsoft's operating system was in 38.3 percent of devices. IDC says Microsoft should take over the top spot at the end of this year, with 45.9 percent of the market, compared to 45.1 percent for the Palm OS, and grab a 51 percent share by 2006.

http://news.com.com/PalmSource+to+un...l?tag=nefd.top

Palm is arse out.
  3.    #23  
    I certainly hope Palm(whatever) wakes up. I would hate to see MedicoreSoft to win the handheld/smartphone war. I cannot imagine giving Greedy Billy G more of my money.

Competition is good.
    Choice is good.
    Treo 600 is good.

It would be nice if Palm published a real plan including their Treo product family. It would be nice if Palm allowed us "evangelists" to become early adopters of new products. It would be nice if Palm would spend some dough to advertise the products.

I love my Treo...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12