Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Nov 15
    Every pixel a picasso
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    I predict the day Seldom takes his head out of his A_ss.
    Oh wait...that's never!
    Poor kookums - do you feel better now?

Gosh, yours was SUCH a contributing post!

You must be VERY proud of yourself!

Well done.
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 09/24/2004 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Added Subject
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    I predict the day Seldom takes his head out of his A_ss.
    Oh wait...that's never!
    oh look! another person to add to my ignore list!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    You know, I understand how easy it can be to let Seldom rile you to the point of eruption, but don't. s/he is just voicing an opinion, one God, our Forefathers, and TreoCentral have deemed it...what a minute. did you use the word "kookums" in your reply, Seldom? Screw that, your on your own.

Oct. 5th

No rationale, that's just when I want it to be!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    No rationale, that's just when I want it to be!
    Unlike my (contributing) post to this thread back there on page one that not only gave a date but justified it as well.

Gee - I sure do know how to rile them alrightee!

Just use logic!
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 09/24/2004 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Added Subject
    oct 5
    Not to spoil the party but just got off of the phone with Sprint and they have confirmed Mid October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Not to spoil the party but just got off of the phone with Sprint and they have confirmed Mid October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!
    not to spoil your not spoiling the party, but i'll believe it when i see it, not when they say it...

though i certainly hope you are right.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    February 29, 2005.
    October 11th.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    It will be available Oct 20th...
    Seldom, Can you provide evidence that Orange isn't interested in the 650? I'd be surprised by this because when I needed to replace my first 600 earlier this year (it drowned) there wasn't an Orange 600 to be had in the UK. They were sold-out, demand exceeded supply, etc, and I ended up getting unbranded 600 (there were other good reasons for doing this, but they're not relevant here). So if the 600 was a good seller, why wouldn't they be interested in the 650?

Also, iirc (I don't have the link to hand now, I'm on a train!), there were reports that Orange were happy with the 600 because users consumed lots of data. Call, messaging and data charges are how most European carriers make their money - handsets 
    ... are typically pretty cheap (the 600 can be had for 'free' from Orange at the moment).

I certainly hope Orange will carry the 650 because, for my needs, it looks like the best available or soon-to-be-available device.
    I'm counting on it being available on Orange as one of the first carriers like last year.

I have no evidence/proof to base this on, I'm just hoping. I can't afford to buy one SIM free, so I'll probably have no choice but to go for an SPV M2000 (alias MDA III) if there is no Treo 650 due on Orange by end Oct/beg Nov.
    The MDA III looks nice but is substantially bigger than the 600; with the slider extended to access the keyboard it's 17 cm - that's just too big for me.
    There was an article - I believe noted here somewhere by someone - discussing sales in Europe that mentioned Orange as well as the UK (that is, not Orange). From that I posted an opinion. I don't have a link, however. A Search here might turn it up (maybe on infosyncworld - within the last month I think).
    I asked this morning in my local Orange shop about a new Treo. They looked on their system, and there was no info, which they said means it won't be out in October or November (apparently they have new phones 'under review' for a few months before they become available).
    I stopped by Radio Shack yesterday to talk to them about Sprint (I have Verizon now). The guy said his manager is supposed to be able to get any phone even if it's not out yet. He had a few other phones that have not been released yet. I told him to get me a Treo 650. We'll see how good he really is.......
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    There was an article - I believe noted here somewhere by someone - discussing sales in Europe that mentioned Orange as well as the UK (that is, not Orange). From that I posted an opinion. I don't have a link, however. A Search here might turn it up (maybe on infosyncworld - within the last month I think).
    The only TC thread from the last month that a search with 'Orange' and 'sales' turns up is this one! I also looked at the threads from the last six months that that search turned up - nothing. A search with 'Orange', 'sales' and 'treo' at infoSync World generated nothing either, and I couldn't see anything in the first few pages of an 'Orange, sales treo' Google search of the web. I'm afraid at this point I have to regard your opinion that 'Orange aren't interested' with some scepticism as it's based on data I can't verify. I'd be quite happy to revise this scepticism if you can provide a link though.

In contrast, I can now provide the link that I mentioned above indicating that Orange are happy with the Treo 600 because users use lots of data. The link is to a press release from Orange (announcing the SPV C500) that includes this:

'Signature phones have proved to be the most successful Orange handsets in terms of usage and revenues. The Treo 600 and SPV E200 phones have both delivered more than double the revenue of the average non-Signature phone* due to their simple functionality and one-touch access to Orange voice and data services...

* The data shows a significant uplift in customer usage of Signature phones. The Palm-powered Treo 600 and the Windows Mobile SPV E200 both exclusive Orange phones delivered the most ARPU per month of any Orange phone. The average non-Signature phone delivers about 50 per month. The SPV E200 and the Treo 600 deliver more than double that amount. Other Signature phones, including the LG 7100, MPx200 and the SPV E100 also deliver ARPU significantly above that of the average non-Signature phone. (Data from December 2003 relates Orange in the UK).'
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    How long would you reckon the delay would be, or would there be, for the Treo 650 to reach Singapore?
    snap! <^<< snap!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast