1.    #1  
    Was wondering If everyone who is so excited about the 650 including myself, will be as excited If It does not have built in WiFi? Will this be a determining factor? To buy or not to buy?
    Oh please don't start this thread for a 100th time.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Oh please don't start this thread or a 100th time.
    I did a search. Where Are the 99 other threads?
    Ok...it was an exageration...but WiFi on the 650 has been talked about to death on many threads here.
    Quote Originally Posted by tstar
    Was wondering If everyone who is so excited about the 650 including myself, will be as excited If It does not have built in WiFi? Will this be a determining factor? To buy or not to buy?
    Welcome to the Board, cowboy. I've asked Treo-Mike a million times not to exagerate.

I'd probably be less concerned about no built-in wi-fi if -unlike the 600- its slot could handle a wi-fi card.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    Welcome to the Board, cowboy. I've asked Treo-Mike a million times not to exagerate.

I'd probably be less concerned about no built-in wi-fi if -unlike the 600- its slot could handle a wi-fi card.
    Thanks Rodolfo. Its a great forum. Ive read so much I think my heads about to explode.
    and here i go again; no WIFI, no ACE !!!
    =P
    Quote Originally Posted by koros
    and here i go again; no WIFI, no ACE !!!
    =P
    Well then If you are not going to use your Ace can i have it!

hehe
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    The 650 will most likely not have WiFi. A highly vocal minory is quite upset over it. Others, while they would prefer WiFi on board, can live without it.

You should find at least 2 or 3 threads discussing and debating the issue on this Treo 650 Hardware forum..
    Searching for "650 wi-fi" yields lots of wi-fi talk -mostly embedded. Here's one of the direct ones: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=650+wi-fi
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Haha...ok...good one! welcome aboard tstar!
    And I'll obnoxiously keep this new thread running... and note that I'd be sorely disappointed at not havin wi-fi in the Treo 650.

I used to pooh-pooh wi-fi... until I installed a wireless network in my apartment (effortlessly and cheaply), noted how many of my friends and neighbors have wi-fi, and even how many hot-spots there are for free or cheap here in San Francisco. The idea of being able to use a Treo 650 in any of these locations easily -- regardless of T-Mobile signal strength -- is very inviting.
    In a years time everyone will be waiting for the new model with wi-fi - and it will seem just as ridiculous that the 650 didn't include wi-fi as it does now that the 600 didn't include bluetooth.

I thought I could manage without bluetooth or add it later, but it has become a major inconvenience particularly with laws introduced requiring hands free when driving in the UK.
    I want wi-fi as much as every other person in this forum.

The real question is whether I can wait for the next version of Treo? The answer is HELL NO!

I have been having the shakes ever since the rumor of the Treo Ace. In order for me to hold out another X months for the one with Wi-Fi, PalmOne will have to send me crates and crates of Ritalin in the mean time.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  15.    #15  
    Thanks for the link Roldofo. Sorry to add a thread that had already been covered. I think I may have done it twice with the ebay one also. A thousand pardons.