Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Why is everyone quoting sprint's "late November" availability as the initial launch of the 650? I will bet money that sprint will receive their initial sock for distribution in November, but the "first" units will be sold by Palmone! Wasn't the sprint treo 600 offered by handspring a full month or so before it was offered by SPCS? I would expect Palmone to do the same with the 650 so they can reap the full financial benefit by being the first and only to sell the 650 for a month or so. After the initial release, everyone who was ready to jump on the 650 will have one by November, and then palmone will release inventory to be sold through sprint stores.

Let's remember...the Treo is why Palmone bought Handspring in the first place. So they are not going to F-up by releasing the 650 to carriers first and loose that money.

Just my $.02
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Why is everyone quoting sprint's "late November" availability as the initial launch of the 650? I will bet money that sprint will receive their initial sock for distribution in November, but the "first" units will be sold by Palmone! Wasn't the sprint treo 600 offered by handspring a full month or so before it was offered by SPCS? I would expect Palmone to do the same with the 650 so they can reap the full financial benefit by being the first and only to sell the 650 for a month or so. After the initial release, everyone who was ready to jump on the 650 will have one by November, and then palmone will release inventory to be sold through sprint stores.

Let's remember...the Treo is why Palmone bought Handspring in the first place. So they are not going to F-up by releasing the 650 to carriers first and loose that money.

Just my $.02
    Actually, Sprint was the very first to sell the 600. You were able to get one the first week of October 2003. I got mine on October 7th directly from Sprint.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    I ordered my Treo 600 from Sprint on 10/9 and receiv˜
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70
    I ordered my Treo 600 from Sprint on 10/9 and receiv˜
    And it's STILL discoing ya when ya try to post!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    Actually, Sprint was the very first to sell the 600. You were able to get one the first week of October 2003. I got mine on October 7th directly from Sprint.
    I got my AT&T Treo 600 in October 2003 as well. Since the merger of ATTWS and Cingular seems to be happening, maybe Cingular (Soon to be one of the largest in the world) will introduce the Treo 650.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    yep November 03 Sprint from Best Buy myself. In my area, Best Buy got it before the local Sprint stores. I bought it from best buy for that warranty which the store guy assured me would allow me to upgrade.. and that he would hook me up. Of course now they changed their warranty policies which screwd me out of the $70 for the warranty and the cost of the Treo 600.

Honestly i wanna start a peitition against best buy for store people that told customers they would be able to upgrade and pay the difference as incentive to buy the warranty even though the warranty doesnt have that in the fiine print. then sue them nice and hard like kaybee got sued.
    I got mine on October 8 directly from Handspring.
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    yep November 03 Sprint from Best Buy myself. In my area, Best Buy got it before the local Sprint stores. I bought it from best buy for that warranty which the store guy assured me would allow me to upgrade.. and that he would hook me up. Of course now they changed their warranty policies which screwd me out of the $70 for the warranty and the cost of the Treo 600.

Honestly i wanna start a peitition against best buy for store people that told customers they would be able to upgrade and pay the difference as incentive to buy the warranty even though the warranty doesnt have that in the fiine print. then sue them nice and hard like kaybee got sued.
    I agree. I was told the same lies by a best buy kid, bought the warranty, came home and read it and then took it back for a refund and got lockline insurance instead.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I have the first and last name, and cellular phone number of the Best Buy employee that sold me my Treo 600 and PSP. If I cannot exchange it for an upgrade when the time comes, he will be summonsed to court. THAT IS NO LIE. I have had entirely too many problems to tolerate this kind of nonsense. My first one broke within 15 days of purchase. Number 2 has failed the Sprint test and I have the piece of paper saying such. I now am having the network search issue. I have just been keeping my battery well charged and this seems to help. I will not be denied.

Lonzo