1.    #1  
    Why, in your opinions do you think there is such a lack of media about the T650? Just a time thing for now? You think all the previews and information will be released closer to the launch date, like 30 days before?
    Maybe it's normal with most technologies and I just never noticed. I am just used to reading prerelease demo articles and such like for the blackberry 7100 for example, and I am suprised that such an anticipated device is kept so quiet. Usually companies want to get people's mouth watering and build up the hype, but then again, in this situation it could be bad for business by causing consumers to hold off buying a 600 now.

So is the lack of media for the 650 considered normal or out of the norm?

Do you think we wil get details and maybe demo review models out within 30 days of launch? I work for a big magazine which gets all sorts of gadgets like this for review before hitting the market. I wonder when or if they would make this available to press.
    It seem that the general concensus on this forum is that Palm will lose sales of the Treo 600 if too many people hear about the Treo 650 before it becomes available.

I wonder whether many people that wouldn't consider a Treo 600 (because of a lack of Bluetooth, or the low res screen for example) are currently buying other devices because they are not aware that the Treo 650 is coming soon...

Surely if people don't buy a Treo 600 because the Treo 650 is coming soon, Palm will still get the custom either way.
    there is no lack of promotion.
    If the 600 was not so poorly built, I would seriously consider staying with it. Now that may sound funny, that I would buy the next piece of garbage rather than keep the last. But I'm hopeful with HTC manufacturing that the 650 may last longer (6th gen Treo 600 owner.)
    Most indications are that the official announcement for the Treo650/Ace & T5 will be Oct 5th. There will be lots of press coverage then...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo__baggins
    It seem that the general concensus on this forum is that Palm will lose sales of the Treo 600 if too many people hear about the Treo 650 before it becomes available.

I wonder whether many people that wouldn't consider a Treo 600 (because of a lack of Bluetooth, or the low res screen for example) are currently buying other devices because they are not aware that the Treo 650 is coming soon...

Surely if people don't buy a Treo 600 because the Treo 650 is coming soon, Palm will still get the custom either way.
    I agree. I was planning on buying the 600 in May when I could port my number, but when I heard about the new model (called the 610 then) I waited and am still waiting.