Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 66
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    you'll need the time to change your avatar.
    Nah - the way things are going The Gummamint pretty soon will remove it for him.
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 09/23/2004 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Added the icon!
  2. iJITSU's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Nah - the way things are going The Gummamint pretty soon will remove it for him.
    As opposed to a Kerry administration, who would remove it, then give it back, then change their mind and take it away again
  3. #23  
    More pixels should mean a sharper image, so it's not a worthless improvement. But, as others have said, true picture quality improvement will come with better quality optics and other enhancements that don't sound as flashy on paper as lots of megapixels. I think we're probably a year away from cameraphones that start implementing high quality optics, but we'll get there eventually.

    Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by iJITSU
    As opposed to a Kerry administration, who would remove it, then give it back, then change their mind and take it away again
    Party line, huh? Ever care to think about the tagline before adopting it? If not, someone else debunked it for ya...

    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...NGQK8TI8O1.DTL (Kerry Flip-Flops Are Fiction)

    Or who the more egregious vacillator is? Well, someone's got that covered, too...

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Sep22.html (Despite Bush Flip-Flops, Kerry Gets Label)
  5. #25  
    no politics in this thread please!
  6. #26  
    MHR, I was gonna post the same 2 links! Thank you.
  7. #27  
    agreed, no politics in here, but if somebody provocates there has to be the right to answer.

    non-americans are flabbergasted at whats going on over there - at least they still seem to produce some pretty amazing devices! comeon t650!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by realsyde
    The only thing that will increase the quality of the Treo's photos is a better lens and sensor. Megapixels = quantity not quality. If all they do is increase the amount of pixels then you will simply have a larger version of the same photo.
    EXACTLY!! There are three major factors that influence the quality of an image a digicam takes: the types of lens, the type of sensor, and the number of MP's. The problem is that the Treo600 uses CMOS VGA image sensor from Micron instead of CCD sensors found in most standalone digital cameras! A CCD sensor are better because it creates a higher-quality, low-noise images, while CMOS sensors, traditionally, are more susceptible to noise. Recently, Sharp announced that they developed a 2-MP CCD Camera Module for Mobile Phones with New 2X Optical Inner Zoom Lens!!! Note, that is an OPTICAL ZOOM, not some crappy digital zoom. Heck, there's already been various 3+ MP camerphones announced in Japan/Korea. I would love to see PalmOne incorporate some of this technology into the next gen Treo 650/Ace...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9. Iceman6's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #29  
    I think a good camera phone as an option in the Treo family is a great idea! Just so I can buy mine without one.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    I think a good camera phone as an option in the Treo family is a great idea! Just so I can buy mine without one.
    For me a camera is quite unnecessary. I think it's ridiculous people wanting a flash for the camera, while at the same time people are saying the don't want wi-fi because it might drain the battery. What's more appropriate to a communications device, a camera or the ability to communicate?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo__baggins
    For me a camera is quite unnecessary. I think it's ridiculous people wanting a flash for the camera, while at the same time people are saying the don't want wi-fi because it might drain the battery. What's more appropriate to a communications device, a camera or the ability to communicate?
    We see by your avatrar that you have solved the battery problem.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  12. #32  
    It's a bit like the latest photos of the MPx don't you think?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo__baggins
    It's a bit like the latest photos of the MPx don't you think?
    Hardly
  14. Iceman6's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #34  
    Nope. The MPx with new battery is WAY bigger!
  15. #35  
    I'm not adding anything new, but adding to the informal poll of people that have called Sprint and asked about the 650. As my contract is almost up (one year from my 600 purchase), I called Sprint to see if I could get anything. Mr. Customer Service, whose pencil erasers are clearly well used, stated that he received notice two days ago of the new Treo. It was to launch in October. His well went dry after that statement.
    Doug
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR
    Party line, huh? Ever care to think about the tagline before adopting it? If not, someone else debunked it for ya...

    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...NGQK8TI8O1.DTL (Kerry Flip-Flops Are Fiction)

    Or who the more egregious vacillator is? Well, someone's got that covered, too...

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Sep22.html (Despite Bush Flip-Flops, Kerry Gets Label)

    After this, no more political posts for me....

    Notice the two sources, the San Francisco Chronicle, and the Washington Post. The two most blatant liberal mouthpieces in the country! That's like asking Saddam if everything was just wonderful in Iraq before the mean ol' American Army came marching in. Give us a break.

    I approved this message.....Dalai Lama
    http://www.doctordalai.com
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama
    After this, no more political posts for me....

    Notice the two sources, the San Francisco Chronicle, and the Washington Post. The two most blatant liberal mouthpieces in the country! That's like asking Saddam if everything was just wonderful in Iraq before the mean ol' American Army came marching in. Give us a break.

    I approved this message.....Dalai Lama
    This is just a retort.

    Did you read the articles -- or are you just commenting on the publications? I presume the latter, as you don't mention any of the facts that the articles state.

    That said, if you prefer another source that reaches the same conclusion, here you go -- KnightRidder this time:

    http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwash...on/9743513.htm (Despite accusations, Kerry's position on Iraq has been consistent)
  18. #38  
    I come here for discussion of the Treo. Not politics.

    Please stop it. We don't care what your political opinions are. They have nothing to do with smartphones.

    No more "retorts". No more "just one last thing". Just stop. Please.
  19. #39  
    Agreed. I promised and I will stick to it... No more politics. Sorry.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
  20. Daz
    Daz is offline
    Daz's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    EXACTLY!! There are three major factors that influence the quality of an image a digicam takes: the types of lens, the type of sensor, and the number of MP's. The problem is that the Treo600 uses CMOS VGA image sensor from Micron instead of CCD sensors found in most standalone digital cameras! A CCD sensor are better because it creates a higher-quality, low-noise images, while CMOS sensors, traditionally, are more susceptible to noise. Recently, Sharp announced that they developed a 2-MP CCD Camera Module for Mobile Phones with New 2X Optical Inner Zoom Lens!!! Note, that is an OPTICAL ZOOM, not some crappy digital zoom. Heck, there's already been various 3+ MP camerphones announced in Japan/Korea. I would love to see PalmOne incorporate some of this technology into the next gen Treo 650/Ace...
    Omnivision has developed 2,3 and even 5 MP CMOS sensors this year, and they produce the highest quality images with the lowest noise. OVTI is considered a leader in their field. "I hope they are used for the next treo's camera."CMOS uses less power than CCD sensors and use fewer parts, that is why they are currently use in treo 600 VGA. Evenually CMOS will overtake CCD,....JMHO
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions