Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 259
  1. #161  
    It's been working fine for me today (3 updates)
  2. #162  
    never mind - it's working now
  3. #163  
    I'm on Sprint, using 4cast with the disconnect 4cast and disconnect after refresh checked. I just got another white screen
  4. #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    I'm on Sprint, using 4cast with the disconnect 4cast and disconnect after refresh checked. I just got another white screen
    Can you tell me the ZIP code ?

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  5. #165  
    How can I receive or be notified of the most current updates to 4cast and 2day?
  6. #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mike
    How can I receive or be notified of the most current updates to 4cast and 2day?
    Hi,

    The latest version is always at www.shsh.com/products

    To get notified - register for notifications at this thread and/or
    here: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...highlight=2day
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Can you tell me the ZIP code ?



    Thanks.
    90210

    It happened again this morning. Seems to happen 80% of the time now.
  8. #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    90210

    It happened again this morning. Seems to happen 80% of the time now.
    Hi,

    Can't seem to be able to recreate this.

    Do you have other applications that do background networking (like - without trying to blame - Causerie, Chatter, SnapperMail, MailWave...) ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

    The difference between the two options ("disconnect 4cast..." & "disconnect all") is the first only asks to disconnect connection if it was started by 4cast (so if you did not - it will not close at all).
    The latter forces disconnection of ALL open connections.

    I suspect the strange behaviour is due to a "tweak" they implemented on the Treo:
    The network library allows applications using connections to close the connections they used in two modes - immediate shutdown, or "delayed" shutdown (so that if you, say, browse the web, then exit - you can jump directly to reading mails without the browser shutting down the connection and the mail app re-dialing/connecting upon entrance).

    On normal devices this timeout is a few seconds long.
    On the Treo it seems to last a lot longer (to keep the device connected all the time).
    So if you select "Disconnect ALL" I call ANOTHER function called 'NetLibFinishCloseWait' that forces this timeout to end.

    I still think the crashes are not related to 4cast, nor 2day...
    Maybe there are differences in CDMA vs GSM - as the disconnect issue (where 4cast does not close it's own connection) has been reported by Sprint users. Disconnect ALL is really inconvienent, as some apps (like chatter) work in the background, and can't if 4cast closes their connection.

    Shimon, is "disconnect 4cast on exit" something you are trying to fix?
  10. #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    Maybe there are differences in CDMA vs GSM - as the disconnect issue (where 4cast does not close it's own connection) has been reported by Sprint users. Disconnect ALL is really inconvienent, as some apps (like chatter) work in the background, and can't if 4cast closes their connection.

    Shimon, is "disconnect 4cast on exit" something you are trying to fix?
    Just a moment - putting the crashes aside - if you want chatter and the likes to keep the connection open, then what is wrong with "disconnect 4cast on exit" ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  11. #171  
    Disconnect 4cast on exit is the option I would rather use...but I don't think it actually disconnects.
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    Disconnect 4cast on exit is the option I would rather use...but I don't think it actually disconnects.
    But you mention you are using Chatter - which probably keeps the connection open if it needs to work in the background.... ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  13. #173  
    Shimon:
    For those of us who want to have the most recent versions, could you indicate the current version number (next to the product name) on your web site product page. As it stands now, in order to determine if there is a newer version, one has to begin the download process, look at the file name and abort the download if we already have that version installed.
    A small suggestion, but thanks for considering it.
    If a computer crashes in the forest and no one is on-site to download the error log, is the event documentable?
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by BionicBoxcar
    Shimon:
    For those of us who want to have the most recent versions, could you indicate the current version number (next to the product name) on your web site product page. As it stands now, in order to determine if there is a newer version, one has to begin the download process, look at the file name and abort the download if we already have that version installed.
    A small suggestion, but thanks for considering it.
    Will do...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  15. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    But you mention you are using Chatter - which probably keeps the connection open if it needs to work in the background.... ?
    Chatter works in a mode that doesn't maintain a constant active data connection - grey arrows yes but green arrows no.
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    Chatter works in a mode that doesn't maintain a constant active data connection - grey arrows yes but green arrows no.
    Now I see.

    So all I have to do is find out how do I get those gray arrows...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

    Can't seem to be able to recreate this.

    Do you have other applications that do background networking (like - without trying to blame - Causerie, Chatter, SnapperMail, MailWave...) ?

    Nope. It didn't happen to me this weekend but it just happened again moments ago (white screen and then reset). I changed my settings to: On exit disconnect 4cast connection, no auto-refresh. Everything else I left unchecked.
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 10/25/2004 at 03:06 PM.
  18. #178  
    Hi all,

    A new 4cast version - 1.37 (001) - just psoted at www.shsh.com/products

    New:
    - Added a seperate "Add" button to the "Select/Add city" dialog (to enable adding cities with names similar to existing ones).

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  19. #179  
    Shimon:
    I'm still getting, every morning on the first reconnect/refresh in 4cast, a white screen and a soft reset after it tries to disconnect and go back in to 2Day. My 4cast checked preferences are Disconnnect on Exit, Refresh ever 3 hours, Show application icon. The city I am refreshing is Los Angeles. It doesn't seem to do it during the day, just first thing in the morning when I try to do the first refresh after it has been charging overnight.
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    Shimon:
    I'm still getting, every morning on the first reconnect/refresh in 4cast, a white screen and a soft reset after it tries to disconnect and go back in to 2Day. My 4cast checked preferences are Disconnnect on Exit, Refresh ever 3 hours, Show application icon. The city I am refreshing is Los Angeles. It doesn't seem to do it during the day, just first thing in the morning when I try to do the first refresh after it has been charging overnight.
    Hi,

    is this with the latest version (1.38) ?

    Any other background networking apps ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com

Posting Permissions