Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Does that show in Yahoo ?

I see it empty.
    When I look at the Yahoo weather page for my City I see the following information under More Current Conditions;

Feels Like: 58 Dewpoint: 48
    Barometer: 30.14 in and steady Wind: SE 8 mph
    Humidity: 70% Sunrise: 7:18 am
    Visibility: 1609 mi Sunset: 6:46 pm
    Hi there,

Testing out the latest beta of 4cast and have noticed the following (phone is on but data connection is off):

1. Launch 4cast
    2. Right on the D-Pad to bring up the recent cities
    3. Click "Select/Add City"
    4. Select a new City that you haven't used before and hit Select
    5. Data connection begins
    6. Weather info received
    7. Hit Treo Home button to leave 4cast (have the preference set to "Disconnect on Exit")
    8. 4cast begins Disconnecting and then....
    9. Soft Reset

"A reset was caused on XXXX while running "4cast"
    Fatal Exception

This also occurred a couple times when the data connection was started in step 5. Once time it showed CallFilter as the problem, then a second time it showed Unknown application.

Any thoughts?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Hi there,

Testing out the latest beta of 4cast and have noticed the following (phone is on but data connection is off):

1. Launch 4cast
    6. Weather info received
    7. Hit Treo Home button to leave 4cast (have the preference set to "Disconnect on Exit")
    9. Soft Reset

Fatal Exception

This also occurred a couple times when the data connection was started in step 5. Once time it showed CallFilter as the problem, then a second time it showed Unknown application.

Any thoughts?

mine just crashed
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Hi there,

1. Launch 4cast
    6. Weather info received
    9. Soft Reset

Fatal Exception

Any thoughts?

I got various crashes deleting and changing cities (having nothing to do with "disconnect on exit"), so I fell back to the previous version.
    Mine reset also.

[QUOTE=scottymomo]Hi there,

1. Launch 4cast
    6. Weather info received
    9. Soft Reset
    Hi all,

Please try this build to see if it crashes.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Hi all,

Please try this build to see if it crashes.

Thanks.
    Still resets on disconnecting.
    Hi,

Version 1.24 of 4cast is at www.shsh.com/products

- "Recent cities": Can now delete a city from the list, and refresh ALL list.
    - Added display for barometric pressure.
    - Progress indication.
    - Fix for reset issue when disconnecting.

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    How is the new Treo coming along, Shimon? It's a blast and I hope you are gearing up for the 650!

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    How is the new Treo coming along, Shimon? It's a blast and I hope you are gearing up for the 650!

Ben
    To be perfectly honest - I used to think I liked the i500 better (never was a 'brick' guy - always used flip ones), but I am getting more and more used to it, and it's a GREAT DEVICE !!!!!
    Shimon Shnitzer
    And...

Version 1.28 is out at www.shsh.com/products

- Update 'recent' list when adding/deleting cities to general list.
    - Get city real name (if entered as ZIP code).
    - Allow aborting update operation.
    Shimon Shnitzer
  12.    #72  
    but I am getting more and more used to it, and it's a GREAT DEVICE !!!!!
    So happy to hear!!!
    Ok, we all expect you to keep us up-to-date on your "favorites." Ah, just kidding on that. Though please on occasion let us know if you suffer with finding the right program on occasion. Ben
    Shimon,

I have found an issues with the updates on 4Cast. EVERY TIME I select to refresh the weather, the FIRST time it tries to update the weather, it makes the net connection and then when it gets to the reading weather, it changes to DONE and just gives me a blank screen of info. Then if I refresh again then it says reading Weather and this time the green round arrows turn and it updates the weather info and then goes back to the idle prompt. This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME if I am refreshing my weather from a new net connection. This other issue happens once in a while: When I make a new net connection when I enter 4Cast it says finding host and (sometimes it just errors out and tells me that it could not connect to the host weather.yahoo.com.)

Can you please help!

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    Shimon,

I have found an issues with the updates on 4Cast. EVERY TIME I select to refresh the weather, the FIRST time it tries to update the weather, it makes the net connection and then when it gets to the reading weather, it changes to DONE and just gives me a blank screen of info. Then if I refresh again then it says reading Weather and this time the green round arrows turn and it updates the weather info and then goes back to the idle prompt. This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME if I am refreshing my weather from a new net connection. This other issue happens once in a while: When I make a new net connection when I enter 4Cast it says finding host and (sometimes it just errors out and tells me that it could not connect to the host weather.yahoo.com.)

Can you please help!

Thanks.
    Please try entering the site (weather.yahoo.com) using your borwser, and see if the whole page shown correctly.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Please try entering the site (weather.yahoo.com) using your borwser, and see if the whole page shown correctly.
    I just tried a few tests and here is what I found:

I was able to connect to web and go to weather.yahoo.com I have set to disconnect when I exit both web and 4Cast in their prefs.

When I am NOT on the net and enter 4cast and tell it to update. it makes a connection and so far 5 out of 5 it has either given me a host not found or reading weather and then DONE and nothing shows up. BUT if it showed the reading weather and then DONE and I reselect refresh then it shows reading weather and the round green arrows turn and it give me the weather info. If it showed the host not found, the only way I can get it to work correctly sometimes is to get out of 4cast to disconnect net and then reenter and hope it does not give me a host not found error but I know it will give me the reading weather weather and then DONE thing so then I have to refresh. I have found if I have a live net connection to start with before I enter 4Cast that it usually works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    Shimon,

I have found an issues with the updates on 4Cast. EVERY TIME I select to refresh the weather, the FIRST time it tries to update the weather, it makes the net connection and then when it gets to the reading weather, it changes to DONE and just gives me a blank screen of info. Then if I refresh again then it says reading Weather and this time the green round arrows turn and it updates the weather info and then goes back to the idle prompt. This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME if I am refreshing my weather from a new net connection.

Can you please help!

Thanks.
    I have this same issue that you mentioned above. I noticed it because it only started happening after I installed the latest version of 4cast (1.28 001). This didn't happen for me on any of the previous versions. Without fail, if I start 4cast from a new data connnection, it will blank out without updating. After a connection has previously been established, 4cast seems to work fine.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    OK, I just purchased and installed 4Cast and it seems to work fine (on T-Mobile). But how do I use it as a plug-in to 2Day? Should I be seeing an icon for it on the main 2Day display?

Frank
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I would like to ask for two additional entries in Preferences. Under Refresh, add a "Manual" entry so that no automatic access of the internet ever happens and add a checkbox for "Disconnect After Refresh".

The reason for this is that there are some of us who have minutes subtracted for each internet data access. There have been several reports of huge bills from Verizon because people were neglecting to disconnect after using the internet and their minute allowances was overunning big time. There is an app, Treo Connection Mgr, that will disconnect after so many minutes of idleness but this does not appear to work on my T-Mobile Treo 600.
    But once you leave 4Cast it will disconnect as long as you have selected that option in the prefs.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast