1.    #1  
    Anybody using Handmark Express? Are you happy with it?
    It works great with the Treo 600. The formatting is perfect for the screen. (and they FINALLY added NFL updates!) The only question is it worth 6.99 a month to you. You should be able to try it free for a month. http://express.handmark.com/
    I tried it for a couple of months. My thoughs:
    1. The movie listings were great - better than any other Palm program or website available.
    2. Weather was fine, but I can get the same or better off of my bookmarked page with accuweather.
    3. The 411 worked great.
    4. The news was really lacking - Not a large selection and slow to update with new stories. Google's text only webpage works much better.
    5. I didn't use the stocks feature, so I can't comment on that.

On balance, I liked the 411 and the movie listings. The rest wasn't good enough for me to warrant the monthly fees.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I tried it for a couple of months. My thoughs:
    1. The movie listings were great - better than any other Palm program or website available.
    2. Weather was fine, but I can get the same or better off of my bookmarked page with accuweather.
    3. The 411 worked great.
    4. The news was really lacking - Not a large selection and slow to update with new stories. Google's text only webpage works much better.
    5. I didn't use the stocks feature, so I can't comment on that.

On balance, I liked the 411 and the movie listings. The rest wasn't good enough for me to warrant the monthly fees.
    I tried the trial and deleted it before it ended. Nice overall concept and has a better look than Avantgo, but needs some improvement if I'm going to pay.

Agree on 1, 2 and 4.

Found too many directory assistance listings unavailable and would look them up elsewhere successfully. I loaded some stocks, but it was 20-minutes out of date. I
    I use it and like it

but i find that the sports scores are corrupted / imported wrong about a few times a week.

also, there seems to be an issue with updating scores on games that start one day and dont finish until after midnight.
    I had tried it a while back and decided it wasn't worth the 6.99 per month. However, since then, I tried to simulate the convenience with other apps and webpages, but that came up lacking. When palmgear had their 25% sale, I bought it then. I really use the heck out of:
    411 (love the reverse phone lookup!),
    maps,
    movies (great detail and you can personalize your theaters),
    and sports (NFL updates a major improvement).
    Not so much the news and weather, but they are good to have in a pinch. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the content and my sale price.
    Overall I am pleased with Express. The news section could be broader but it has a very nice clean interface on the Treo600. Stock section works fine. I like the auto updates. I also use mNews, which uses RSS. It works good too.

Mark
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I also got it witht the palmgear discount, and think that overall it's a good app. For me, it's really the 411 that I use most. It works better than any other lookup I'm aware of, but you can miss a number if you don't have the exact correct city (I don't see this as the fault of the app).

Now if they were to develop a module that could do real time traffic, that would be a truly killer app.
    Got it and love it!

I like the NEWS section a lot. It's like having a newspaper in your own phone. I spend a lot time reading each article during breakfast.

The 411 and MAPS section is fast in grabbing phone numbers, addresses, directions, and maps. I used to use Directory Assistant 3.0, but the 411 section on Handmark Express has a much cleaner look. I like how it uses large icons for LEFT turns, RIGHT turns, and EXIT. Makes it much safer when reading and driving.

The SPORTS section is great, especially now that they added the NFL. You can easily check stats, scores, standings, schedule, and read pre-game comments between the two teams.

Since the Bay Area has its ups and downs with the weather, especially during the fall time, I check the WEATHER section every day. Like some days it could be hot/warm, and all of sudden it could be really cold and raining. So I always gotta check the weather before I decide what clothes to wear.

STOCKS and MOVIES are also a great and useful section to have.

I'm glad the demo is a 30-day trial. It gives the user a better idea on how many times they use the app on a monthly basis, and from there determine if the price is worth it. I found myself using it every day, so I bought it.
    For the price I prefer Vindigo...
    the thing about vindigo v. express: express has much better d-pad functionality
    so far i like the product. got it on a recommendation from a friend but the problem i am having is that going to stocks is causing my treo to soft reset every time?!
    I just downloaded the demo and its awesome! (so far, had a couple resets at first) the 411 service is absolutley stunning...the movie service is priceles...you can look up and PURCHASE tickets in one slick interface..also get directions to said theatre..lets just say I have a very impressed date.

Its kinda pricey (i think i'll pay the $60 yearly subscription) but I think its worth that much for people who have the need. I highly recommend anybody who is interested to download the demo. I believe that its services like this that really showcase the functionality of the treo - quick, painless and relevant information when you need it in the palm of your hands....pretty sweet execution of a brilliant design concept..one again highly recommended!
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    I just downloaded the demo and its awesome! (so far, had a couple resets at first) the 411 service is absolutley stunning...the movie service is priceles...you can look up and PURCHASE tickets in one slick interface..also get directions to said theatre..lets just say I have a very impressed date.

Its kinda pricey (i think i'll pay the $60 yearly subscription) but I think its worth that much for people who have the need. I highly recommend anybody who is interested to download the demo. I believe that its services like this that really showcase the functionality of the treo - quick, painless and relevant information when you need it in the palm of your hands....pretty sweet execution of a brilliant design concept..one again highly recommended!
    Hm. Handmark doesn't seem to realize they are competing against free services already available.

Rick Whitt's Directory Assistant does better 411 lookup and maps/directions (free - http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da).

TANN's traffic maps have great data (actually speeds on many areas): http://traffic.tann.net/mobilemaps

Only movies are really better, though you can lookup and buy tickets for movies using Blazer. Heck for $60 a year, I'll personally enter the data into Fandango for you ;-). Even constant use apps like Verichat are cheaper than that.

When Handmark gets real on the pricing, I'll consider it. For now it's ludicrously overpriced.
    handmark kinda sucks. takes up all that memory. maybe the maps are good. but I just discovered the best option for yellow page searching. local.google.com. it's a simple interface (good for treo) & remembers your location & best all, when you trype in your zip it will give you not just movies in that zip but will go beyond into surrounding areas so you will not miss any theatres. with handmark it only gives you theatres that are in the zip & you have to manually add each theater to the progra. go to google.com & type in "movie: movies" or "movie: titanic" or something. use the program "widefind" from electric pocket & it's a perfect combo!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Yes, it does use quite a bit of memory. But you can copy all the apps except 'express' & 'maps' to the sd card then delete the others in the internal memory. Works great on both the 600 & 650.
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    I am going to drop Handmark Express. The weather option stopped working a couple weeks ago and when I contacted support for the product they seemed totally useless. I assume some support should be available when THEIR product I am paying to use stops working correctly. Buyer beware I guess is the rule in this case...
    Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    Yes, it does use quite a bit of memory. But you can copy all the apps except 'express' & 'maps' to the sd card then delete the others in the internal memory. Works great on both the 600 & 650.
    I use Power Run and moved this Express to Card. Then I did delete all except express and maps in the internal memory. Then I ran the Express and nothing there except alerts and maps.

What happened??
    Okay, got it working. Apparently using PowerRun does not work with Express.