1.    #1  
    I am debating whether to buy the 600 or wait for the 650. However, I was wondering if Verichat or Chatter allow you to check other peoples away messages when your online? Also does it let you put up away messages? Does anyone know if AOL is coming out with an AIM version for the 600/650, they have an AOL version and an AIM version for regular Palm handhelds but no AIM version for the 600/650. It would nice to be able to see if people are idle, away messages, etc. Thanks for the help
    I beleive that new Causarie (spelling??) program supports AIM. It's still in BETA though.
    Verichat will display if a user in your buddylist is away. However it does not display the away msg.

Verichat will allow you to set away messages but only custom away msgs in Yahoo and not AIM/MSN.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, do you know if Verichat has plans to allow you to check away messages and put up away messages on AIM? When you sign on for the first time do you have to enter all your buddies or is your list already there?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrod178
    When you sign on for the first time do you have to enter all your buddies or is your list already there?
    Sorry, I can't answer your first question, but once you load your AIM ID into verichat, all of your contacts pop up. You don't have to manually enter each name.
    Ackkk... stay away from AOL's clients... They have all caused me heartache, and I have tried nearly all the IM clients out there. Until they come up with a solution that doesn't force you to warm or hard reset, use something else like Verichat, Chatter (no IM accounts being created right now though), Causerie, or Chatopus.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, so does anyone know if you they are coming out with a version that allows you to put up an away message and check other AIM members away messages/profiles?
    Thanks, so does anyone know if you they are coming out with a version that allows you to put up an away message and check other AIM members away messages/profiles?
    Verichat 2.25 has this support, I think. My version 2.27b, certainly does.
  9.    #9  
    When is 2.27b coming out? Also, is there an app that lets you check gmail accounts yet?
    When is 2.27b coming out? Also, is there an app that lets you check gmail accounts yet?
    I think you may get this by simply asking the Verichat folks (support@pdaapps.com). I know that they are readying a big update for beta release (2.5?) which has some major new features (voice?).
  11.    #11  
    Thanks, I spoke with them and it sounds like you can do all the features I was looking for. Does anyone know about an app for gmail?