1.    #1  
    Will P1 keep the HS tradition alive?

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Fresh from PalmOne...the upgrade plan:

Drop pants/lift skirt
    Spread cheeks
    Insert Treo 600 (grimmace or smile, depending on your preference)
    Open wallet
    Pay for Treo 650 (grimmace or smile, depending on your preference)

You have not completed your upgrade. Have a nus day.
  3.    #3  
    Is that a yes or no?
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    Is that a yes or no?
    At this point, I don't think anyone really knows. IMO Palm1 is an entirely different type of company from Handspring and they are going to do what is best for Palm1 rather than the Treo 600 user. If they feel a large number of 600 users will buy the 650 without an incentive, they probably wouldn't give any type of loyalty discount.
    It a yes if you like insertion, it's a no if you don't......it's too early to tell!!!!!!!!!!!
    Is that a yes or no?
    As we learned in sexual harrassment training, no means no.

There will be no upgrade....Palm already has everyone foamy mouthed. No need for an inducement for people to buy.

That said, if they did, as they did last time, they will likely sell 30% more devices initially, as people would be all over the $100 discount.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    There will be no upgrade....Palm already has everyone foamy mouthed. No need for an inducement for people to buy.
    There was no need for any incentives last year either, and the differences between the 600 and 280/300 were much more significant.

It is going to be the make or brake for me in all honesty. There are two many devices on the horizon that IMO are superior to the 650. Without some sort of incentive the ppc6600 or some other device that can multitask and perform other advanced functions that the treo simply cannot do, will be in my pocket. In addition, these other devices may have a chance at lasting more than a few months before failure.

Palm owes the t600 users imo...

-rob
    Remember Palm trolls this board. So if we all pretend we won't buy it unless we get a discount maybe we can force their hand
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    they will have a promotion that will give a discount/trade up for the phone. all major companies usually do it. if you've had the sidekick 1, you should have gotten the sidekick 2 email by now. which has been shipping out as of 2 weeks ago and gotten an additional $100 off.
    There was no need for any incentives last year either, and the differences between the 600 and 280/300 were much more significant.

It is going to be the make or brake for me in all honesty. There are two many devices on the horizon that IMO are superior to the 650. Without some sort of incentive the ppc6600 or some other device that can multitask and perform other advanced functions that the treo simply cannot do, will be in my pocket. In addition, these other devices may have a chance at lasting more than a few months before failure.

Palm owes the t600 users imo...

-rob
    While for some it may be make or break, it likely will not be for the majority.

Also, Palm owes "us" absolutely nothing. Loyalty to customers is hard to find.
    That went the way of the dodo, for example, when Apple built its compnay on the back of Apple II owners, then screwed them when the Mac came out. It was done again, when Apple screw current Mac owners by release too many architecture/computers, with no upgrade path. Discount for loyal customers? Ha!

Like I said, I would love a trade-in deal like they did for the 300, but I am not holding my breath. Remember, that was HS, this is Palm, and Palm's incompentence is fairly well known.
  12.    #12  
    Palm's incompentence is fairly well known.
    I am not going to disagree with that.

In terms of my statement that they owe us something, I stand behind that.

The 600 is a very expensive piece of harware that suffers from several known critical issues and flaws. There is no excuse for this. Only in places such as this forum, where you will find the most die hard followers of a product line, will such lackluster standards and performance be accepted and sometimes even defended.

-rob
    With an upgrade plan I'm there in a New York minute.

Without an upgrade plan, I sit on the sidelines until my contract is up (another 15 months) and then see what is out there or maybe even change carriers.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    As we learned in sexual harrassment training, no means no.

That said, if they did, as they did last time, they will likely sell 30% more devices initially, as people would be all over the $100 discount.
    I disagree. The only people really foaming at the mouth is us. We are such a small part of the big picture. It will be a hard sell to some corporates that a better screen and blue tooth is worth the upgrade. It may be for me and you, but we are just speaks when it comes to overall sales. They will need to offer something (my opinion) since the upgrade isn't that substantial.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    Remember Palm trolls this board. So if we all pretend we won't buy it unless we get a discount maybe we can force their hand
    No need to pretend. If they do not offer some sort of upgrade deal, I will be switching to another device.
    same here... the ppc6600 looks very tempting. Multitasking and a nice big screen. At this point... whichever is cheaper is where my money goes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1
    No need to pretend. If they do not offer some sort of upgrade deal, I will be switching to another device.
    yeah you do that.
    Everyone is being to short sighted. The key to the future of the the 650 is the corporation. If Palm1 is looking to continue a healthly relationship with corp america then they will offer some sort of upgrade package. If the number of 600's is so few that they feel the corporations are waiting for the 650 then no upgrade offer will be available. Everyone has been thinking of the consumer, you have to remember that P1 is focused on the corporate customer with the retail consumer being second.

Just my 2 cents..

Cheers