1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have read alot of reports, heresay, and articles about the 650. I also got word around June from Sprint corp sales that the 650 (called 610 at the time) would be released in late Sept. So I waited... Well new word from Sprint (3 inside people confirmed with me) that release will be late Nov. So I got frustrated at my lack of a smartphone (which I really need for work) and bought the 600.

Well my company just offered me a new blackberry 7100. I like the Treo better but I will keep both. I am within the 14 day trial period to return my treo 600. Now I have a dilemna. I haven't tried the BB 7100 yet and I know I want the features of the 650. Higher res screen since being online with the 600 is nearly worthless unless its a PDA friendly page. Also I could really use the bluetooth since I use headsets all the time and also I would want to sync with my laptop.

My choices:
    1: Keep both and spend another $600 for a Treo 650 when it comes out.
    2: Return the 600 and wait with my blackberry for the 650.

I'm leaning towards option 2 but only if the wait is 2 months and not 4 or 5 or whatever. My questions are:

Do you think that sprint saying it will be out in end of Nov means it will be ON SALE end of Nov? Or does that mean it goes into in house testing or some crap it it may not be till 2005 until production models are sold?

Has anyone heard if the 650 will have wifi or at least a SD wifi?

p.s. Do you think the bluetooth module will support both headset and data transfer? I know the Blackberry 7100's bluetooth is purely for headset only which is annoying since my laptop (which I sync to) has bluetooth.

thanks
    Return the 600 and use the BB until the Treo comes out. This was you will be out less money. I would imagine it will not take you long to get used to the BB.
    As much as I love my T600, I agree wholeheartedly with BssinRVer - Take the Treo 600 back, use the free Blackberry, and see if even still want the Treo 650 when it comes out. My bet is that it won't be much longer anyway. (with crossed fingers)
    I'd say try to make due with the BB as well, unless $600 is really nothing to you. Money means different things to different people. To someone making Alex Rodriguez' salary, it would probably be a good $600 spent to go with the Treo 600 for a couple of months.
    ARod wouldn't be able to figure out how to use a smartphone, so get your money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    ARod wouldn't be able to figure out how to use a smartphone, so get your money back.
    That's why Pay-Rod is a Sidekick 2... he couldn't handle a real smart phone.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Remember though, and this may be important for business use.....Soon, there will be blackberry support through your Treo. Palmsource and Rim have both announced it is coming soon.
  8.    #8  
    I'm not rich but for what I need this for, $600 pays for itself very quick. Thats why I am not overly critical for paying more for better function. I hate the old BB but if the new one is as spanky as the articles and reviewers make it sound, it could definitley carry me for 2-4 months until the 650 comes out and I save $600. My biggest beef is blackberry's lack of mac support. My laptop is a powerbook and I want to sync with entourage. I like how easy it was for me with the treo, or that it was even possible.

Mac software is a major deal maker for me but I an dubious about the new software version 1.0.

Also, getting into my Domino server via the treo has been hellish to say the least.

I have no doubt that I will buy the 650, its a question of how long can I last on the BB which is minimally modifyable until I toss it into the river to get a treo again.

thanks for your inputs.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakels
    p.s. Do you think the bluetooth module will support both headset and data transfer? I know the Blackberry 7100's bluetooth is purely for headset only which is annoying since my laptop (which I sync to) has bluetooth.

thanks
    That's one of the big negatives about the 7100t imo. However, it is rumored the next BB will support wifi while the Ace probably won't!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions